Buffalo Tractor Trailer Institute Instructer lost his cool today

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Doylee4693, Sep 16, 2021.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The part where having two extra feet of width changes where the front cone is. You won't be centered, but you will be in the box.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. L.A.toTX

L.A.toTX Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Well, when we tried this at my trucking school, that's not how it worked out. Have you ever tried it, or are you just basing it on your own mathematical theory that it should work?

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    He has a habit of not being able to admit he's wrong. LOL

L.A.toTX Thanks this.
  5. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    I can't say that isn't me at times.

6. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    If you have actually tried it and it worked, then I am really interested to know if there is any possible way that you can post a diagram here showing. I tried a Google search and just couldn't find anything that accurately shows a diagram view of a tractor trailer parallel park. I can describe what happens when you put that front cone 2 ft further out, but you are not going to see what I am describing because you don't want to believe that you are mistaken. I don't mind having a discussion about it at all, but please don't act like a super simplified explanation solves the answer to a scenario that really isn't that simple. Backing a tractor trailer is terribly complicated, but it also isn't super simple. How the tractor and trailer respond differently to steering makes backing the combination vehicle into a parallel space a detailed set of steps. It becomes easy, but it is never simple. Multiple parts of the truck and trailer for which to account. Now, you should know this, driver, so why are you acting like such a concept is foreign to you?

7. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    Turns out I was wrong about the New York test, I found video for their test and for Texas so I've seen exactly what you had to do and they do the same thing. You're still wrong, if you can put it in a box less than 12 feet wide you can put it in the 12 foot box by doing the exact same thing you just won't be centered, you'd be a little further away from the "curb."

8. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    Not wrong. Until you see it done using the same exact steering in the size spaces you described, you don't realize the difference. The front cone will be encroached at 12 ft, if the same maneuvering is used that got it in at 10 ft. The maneuvering that gets it in at 12 ft, if that is used at 10 ft, will cause the back of the trailer to break the line on the far side of the box (the side opposite where you enter).

9. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    The reason the same maneuvering doesn't work is because the last part of the maneuver requires getting the drive tires and front of the trailer to clear. Different cone position requires adjusting the maneuver to account for those two parts of the combination vehicle.

10. N00bLaLoosh

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    Only if you're required to be within a certain distance of the curb. Are you? What I just watched said you're not.

11. N00bLaLoosh

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    I literally just saw it being done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.