Business loan for start up O/O?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by MPE Freight Lines, Feb 11, 2023.

1. MPE Freight Lines

MPE Freight Lines Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2023
    So one advantage I have in this is that, I have worked as a diesel mechanic for several years. I know my way around a truck. I can save thousands on maint
    and repairs, being able to do alot of the work myself.
    I am also planning on attending a course at a community college on freight brokering. I would like to be in position to be able to broker my own loads and save that "broker fee". The course cost is around 2k and runs for a semester and covers all the legal side, ports, negotiating rates, etc. Seems to cover all the ins and outs of brokering. I think this would be a valuable resource for generating business and keeping more money IN the business rather than giving part of it away.
    #### the torpedoes indeed!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MPE Freight Lines

MPE Freight Lines Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2023
    I do have some of my own capitol to put in the mix, just not what I would deem as "enough" to start up completely. I haven't committed to the business loan but, have not ruled it out either. I am really just looking for suggestions or thoughts on the most effective way to start up.
    I am wanting to purchase a truck, 53' dry van AND, flatbed trailer. I want to be able to be as diverse in the loads I can run as possible. I'm walking a thin line on wanting to make as much money as possible AND being able to spend time with my family. I think this combination would afford me the best opportunity to do both. I want to build a legacy for my family, not just a paycheck. Both of my boys are in college, business majors and I'd like to be able to hand the reins to a working business at some point and not just a truck and trailer.

4. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    I bought my first truck in MY name, not my LLC. My 2nd one was under the LLC...

5. OscarGoldman

OscarGoldman Light Load Member

May 9, 2022
    Have you watched all of the "expert" truckers on youtube who claimed to be making money by the bucketful and are now either out of business or driving for uber and depending on their wife's onlyfans for income for biz advice?

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. 406newbie

406newbie Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2023
    It's not as easy as simply watching them anymore, you now have to become a platinum member and purchase their "5 easy steps to making millions from a single truck" PDF.
    The ######## part of it is they don't even bother sending you a picture of them giving you a simulated reach around.

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.