Butler Transport (the good and the bad)

Discussion in 'Butler' started by KE5WDP, Sep 23, 2010.

1. rushfan

rushfan Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Ft. Scott, KS
    I returned to Butler after a year of attempting College and not much has changed. The ONLY problem I've had is with mis-communication on load assignments. Not enough details and information. Other than that, I keep busy. Rarely have to wait for loads. Just cleared $629 for one week. Not too bad. Would be nice to have one of the newer trucks though. Driving an older International 9400 and can't seem to get latches on cabinets in the sleep replaced. Can't store anything without it flying around the sleeper.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Saw a butler cascadia this week. All my time at butler and all I heard was we were getting them. But never got them. I guess they finally did.

4. twowolves

twowolves Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Ohio
    after running for Butler and getting ripped by their per diem-just filed my taxes to find out they are taking out Kansas state tax-even tho I am / have been resident of another state AND you have to pay a non resident fee to Kansas because they are doing this.I have worked for many co's in other states and have driven over 30 years-NEVER have I ever seen a rip off such as this-out of $1300 they took out I got ripped off of over $400

5. Muleman55

Muleman55 Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Hot Springs,AR
    I arrive the 9th for orientation. They are flying me into KC. Don't know much about Butler except what I read here and its pretty mixed. I haven't driven in about 315 yrs but have a lot of yrs prior. I pulled doubles for 6 yrs.
    I hate to start back with a company that doesn't keep me moving. Is that an issue at Butler?

6. Muleman55

Muleman55 Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Hot Springs,AR
    Meant to say 3 yrs

123456 Thanks this.
  7. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    I stayed busy pretty much. Search Butler Transport on YouTube.

8. preeves

preeves Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Pretty good company, no complaints, well there is one: they want my husband back so bad that they are burning up his phone and might have possibly cost him his current job by sending them info on him saying that he is going to work there. He has no intentions of leaving his current company at this time and has repeditly told Butler this. Seems like Bulter gets what they want in the long run.:biggrin_25522:

9. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Butler gets a lot of rehires. I know for the 6 months after my employment with Butler, they sent me all these offers to come back by offering bonuses. I know if something was to come up and I needed a job real bad, they will have the door open...

10. rturner63

rturner63 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    kansas City, Kansas
    I read all of these complaints and pros on Butler. I drove for them and I have to say they preplan you well and for the most part are one of the better companies out there. You're all over the place, lol. The best component that I like is that they treat their people with respect.

motocross066 Thanks this.
  11. preeves

preeves Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Well my husband is Back with Bulter, He got a brand new truck (cascadia) with only 12 miles on it and he is heading to Arizona. I will miss him, but gotta do what ya gotta do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.