Buying a truck from swift...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Miaudre2001, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Miaudre2001

Miaudre2001 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Does anyone know if when your in the buying stage of your own truck through swift at the end of your payments do you receive your title or does swift continue to keep you tied up in paper work???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That all depends upon if they hold the title to the truck free and clear, or if they used the truck as collateral on other loans. If they have the title free and clear, you SHOULD get it at the end of the lease when you complete the terms of the purchase. If the truck is considered collateral on other outstanding loans, the company won't be able to give you the title until those other loans are paid back because they don't have it. I don't know if Swift does that, but a lot of L/P operators at Arrow Trucking found out the hard way that the truck they thought was theirs really wasn't when the bank came to repossess it after Arrow defaulted....despite the L/P operator having completed the terms of the L/P contract and expected to receive the title to the truck.

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    My friend did the Lease Purchase with Swift on a 2009 Freightliner Columbia and Swift Financed the Balloon Payment.

When he finally paid it off in 2015, he received the title with no issues whatsoever.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Easy peasy ... they call you up the week of your last payment and ask you where you want the title sent. Done.

No paperwork, that was done in your purchase contract. Depending on how you're buy out was set up, the transfer fees and sales tax were either included in your down payment or financed into your loan.

7. williamjsnell2

williamjsnell2 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I just wanted to thank you for all the help you have been giving. I have been reading several forums on swifts lease program and every forum I have read on you have given good sound advice and answers.

inkeper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.