Buying a truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kidd05, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Kidd05

Kidd05 Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Appreciate the warning, but this will be my third truck as an O/O. Sold the other two once they were paid off and repairs were costing me more than the truck was worth. Not hurting for as far as paying bills or anything, own everything I got. An didn't fail as an O/O the before back when Clinton was in office, just got tired of of all the b/s of being an O/O an went to company driver. Was an O/O for 12 years.

201 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Sorry, guess that was kind of a FB response, I've determined from your many posts,, you are one of the people I would trust for an opinion. When I got my 1st truck, ( 1988) it was an easy transition, and relatively few obstacles, buy a truck, lease to a guy pulling rail cans, and we truckin',,,as it was told to me. Hmm, seems easy enough, and it really wasn't any harder than that. Today, I'd have to think regulations and unfair restrictions placed on O/O's, how could you possibly make any money? The only way I made it for 5 years, was to be an outlaw, that and I did all my own service. Making money in trucking then, aside from a few examples, was contingent on running around the clock. Today, I just think letting the boss have all the headaches while you go to the big game, is just a better deal.

Kidd05 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.