Buying A Truck....

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by B&T Rogers, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Luis

Luis Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2008
    That's not much in my opinion, there are trucks with 800k for say 25k. PharmPhail if you're going to be running end dumps you might have to get up early to get to the plant's. I want to buy my own rig right now and go and run for the company my dad run's for but just a dream for now maybe later ill be running side by side one of you guy's with my own truck.:biggrin_25525:

B&T Rogers Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Uhhh.. doubtful, if I'm there at 6am most likely it's because I'm STILL UP. Shoot, anytime is too early if I'm still tired... I hate waking up.

Luis that truck is only 5k in savings and a pair a brass balls away. Don't psyche yourself out of it, especially if you know you can get freight.

I agree, from what I'm seeing at least from dealerships, you're gonna spend 20k for anything less than 10 years old, pretty much regardless of the mileage.

B&T Rogers Thanks this.
  4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    ya a pete or KW mabey. not a shaker. you may be seeing them advertised for it but they aren't selling for that

B&T Rogers Thanks this.
  5. Luis

Luis Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Yea they catch you with that, and then you got hidden fee's some dealers advertise with the cash price. Ive been looking at truck's, there are some deals out there because of the economy if i was older and had my cdl i would by my own truck at 23.

B&T Rogers Thanks this.
  6. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Well, no I was talking down payment, not buying outright... though in the 10k range you might find something.

I didn't realize you was a young'n... sorry bout that!

B&T Rogers Thanks this.
  7. Luis

Luis Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2008
    It's ok it happens. A truck in the 10k range if it has an overhaul and a decent bunk and interior.Then you got a workhorse and a moneymaker.

B&T Rogers Thanks this.
  8. B&T Rogers

B&T Rogers Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kingsley, MI
    Sometimes you have to take the second choice in life.... I will have a Pete when all is said and done....2-3 years away from now maybe.. If everything picks up a bit later on.

9. B&T Rogers

Jan 24, 2009
    Kingsley, MI
    BTW Got my insurance today as well........

PharmPhail Thanks this.
  10. Luis

Luis Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Yea start out, with maybe a freightshaker later move on to kw and pete's that's the best way to go shaker's are easy to work on especially if your a newbie to the whole trucking thing. That's one of my plan's going driving a truck.

11. B&T Rogers

Jan 24, 2009
    Kingsley, MI
    Just figured I would drop in and let everyone know I'm on a little vacation....We are sitting down near Nashville TN , waiting to pick up my truck tomorrow....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.