Buying a used semi, Mechanics in Newark NJ area to inspect?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Atlanticus trucking, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Atlanticus trucking

Atlanticus trucking Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Awesome thanks! i just ran a report on rigdig and the only violations were OOS for tires in TN. also had a light issue. looks like it was registered in North Dakota. going to request a copy of the vehicle report from ND as per rigdig. the dealership is supposed to do a DOT inspection before they can sell the vehicle. do you still think i should get an independent DOT inspection?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    good luck it’s tough to run any business without knowing it

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    As long as the dealership agrees to repair or replace any items that fail then no need.

5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Take it to cambria Volvo in Edison. There about 20-25 miles from arrow. Tell them to go over it with fine tooth comb. Because arrow is gonna pay for all repairs. Be prepared to pay about $250 for the inspection BEFORE oil analysis, or dyno. Dont be scared of the list they come up with, irs gonna be LONG but half of it can be dismissed.

Atlanticus trucking Thanks this.
  6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I would agree. Take it to the the Volvo dealer in Edison. Those places around Newark and Elizabeth I wouldn’t try to deal with.

Atlanticus trucking Thanks this.
  7. Atlanticus trucking

Atlanticus trucking Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Thanks !

8. HB503

HB503 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Hello,
    I've been following your progress for a while. How are things going? Im in the process of starting out with a semi and a 5 car and the Volvo 730 is a candidate. How is it holding up so far? Are there any other models you would recommend taking a look at instead? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.