C-1 Ft Worth Drivers Solutions No BS opinion

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Njisonfire, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Njisonfire

Njisonfire Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I am going to give you my no BS opinion of the whole process that I just went through to become a truck driver.

I applied online for Drivers Solutions and they told me to make an appointment to call my recruiter. Well I called him at the stated time of 10am and he was out to lunch. Called back at 11am when he returned, and he asked to take my name and number and call me back, at 4 pm I still didnt hear anything from him. The next day I called and finally got the ball rolling. From then he "ran" my reports for everything, and told me to call back and see if i qualified. Well the next day i called, and we went over all my speeding tickets, or accidents, and he said that i was qualified for PAM or USA, but I would have a better chance with PAM, even though I wanted to go with USA, although this ended up being a better decision in the end. Well he told me to call on thursday to confirm, being already Wednesday, to get me scheduled for Little Rock faclilty. So Wednesday night I go buy my bus ticket. Well call Thursday, and get the news that Little Rock is booked, and I will have to wait till next week, well I asked to be placed into Fort Worth, and it was agreed upon. Confirmed everything from that point, and never talked to him again.

I ride the bus to Fort Worth, and check in the hotel, The American Inn, who has massive policies against anything, no visitors, no hotplates, no liquor or beer, you will have a room mate, rooms will only be cleaned every other day, and I guess I got one of the better newly remodeled rooms, compared to some friends that I made while I was there.

Class began on that Monday, and it involved paperwork, contracts that were just thrown at you, drug screens, and physicals. Started with 23 and by the end of the day were down to 21.

Tuesday-Friday consisted of class from 7 am to noon, then you are to go to the DPS or Drivers Licences office and take tests for the permit, and others like air brakes, and such, if you complete them on the first day you will go to the range and start backing. I completed all my test and passed on tuesday, so was out backing on the range on wednesday, with no instruction at all and just the yard man yelling at you for ####### up, so you never really learned anything.

As for the classroom, the training she gives you for your tests, is just papers to read, she doesnt actually teach you anything, just lets you read it in book.

When you get out on the road, you are put with a couple instructors untill they decide where they want the trainer to test you at, most likely where you took the paper test.

So after you get past the double clutching, braking, turns, and driving the courses several times, they throw you out to take the tests. I happen to test at Lake Worth, where I had to get in line at 3 am because they only take 4 CDL tests a day. (obtained strep throat after 4 night outs there only testing three times)

Once you take the test, and pass you get the CDL licence, oh and its only a peice of paper, no photo ID, so good luck getting on a bus or plane, with only it. Cashing the checks they give you too is hard unless you go to the check cashing shop up the road where its like 2 bucks a pop, so they give you 50 your 2nd monday 50 your third monday and 100 when you pass the DPS test. Most of that money is spent nickle and diming you for food, and rides, and gas, and paying all the testing and licencing fees, which i later found out you attend C1 school on your own you pay 3500 only plus 400 if needs lodging, and the school pays all your licencing fees, but drivers solutions you may pay 5995 plus 400 lodging, and 18% interest if you quit before your year is up.

So in the end, if you dont have the cash upfront, and you like to be nickled and dimed, then drivers solutions is the thing for you. I am at home for my week off before I head out with my trainer, at least the hard part is over. But the school does what it says... gets you the CDL, and makes 50,000 after your class graduates. Oh which ended with only 11 if us graduation, because some failed drug screens, paper work that didnt pass, false info, or people that couldnt pass the test. Oh yeah also Drivers Solutions doesnt actually know if all your paper work passes till right before you graduate, they will tell you at starting that you are all good, but everyday is a guess, and edge of your seat hoping you dont get a call, so its a day by day guess. So if you make the venture... good luck. Any questions feel free to message me ill help you out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007
    Thanks for the info! Which company are you going to work for? I know a couple guys who have gone throught their school in Indianapolis. They also liked it. One of my buddies still works for PAM and has a dedicated route.

4. Njisonfire

Njisonfire Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I am going to work for PAM OTR

5. BamaTrucker

BamaTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Gadsden, Alabama
    well thats helpful...bring lots of money

6. MtnBker

MtnBker Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Keller, Texas
    I just graduated from C1 FTW on July 3rd. I felt your pain and agree with what you say 100%

7. BamaTrucker

BamaTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Gadsden, Alabama
    oh you were the class after i graduated, you know josh, with the old ford, he was my roommate, i leave out with my trainer tomorrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.