C-15 Accert Turbo blades damaged by mechanic

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Leopard, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    i agree. sthis is a straight forward answer. but kudos to all members trying to sugar coat it. Its a he said she said deal. Been there before on other issues non truck related. but good luck. If the case were solid, should have left it alone and had it diagnosed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Leopard

Leopard Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Aurora , IL
    Dont know what you are expecting me to say. There is nothing to defend in my decision letting this to happen. Worked a lot in the last couple weeks and I had to spend some time with my little one. I understand your position but believe how could I know that a simple hose replacement will turn in this mess that I have to deal with now.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. Leopard

Leopard Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Aurora , IL
    Nobody took nothing apart. What you see is only the cover of turbo that was removed by the shop at fault. You should know that there is a precooler before the CAC so that could stop all the broken pieces to enter the CAC. Will see what happens next. Most important is to fix my truck properly and get back on the road and make this shop pay for everything.

5. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    Then take it to the cat dealer. They don't have to fix it, but you want a statement from a certified ASE mechanic or two that will hold up in court as to what caused the damage

Leopard Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Don't know why anyone would want to single out an Acert. From my understanding you can't beat those twins if you get it set up right. Unless its a cost thing of buying two turbos.

SL3406, Joetro, snowman_w900 and 4 others Thank this.
  7. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    ^^^^^^ exactly ^^^^^

I wouldn't mind a set of twins for my 5EK. So much scewerd information.

8. Leopard

Leopard Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Aurora , IL
    For many owners of ACCERT engines the reason of deleting the twins and converting it to single in my opinion is that single turbocharger looks cool. Just for the looks. Myself removing the twins it's not a great idea. How can I remove them if the truck can get 7mpg and crossed the 1.2 million miles no rebuild and oil analysis comes perfect.? More then sure that if this shop wouldn't destroy my turbo I could go easily another 200k.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  9. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    If you guys do a little research You’ll find out that almost 95% of all turbos come from China even caterpillar !!

p608 and Leopard Thank this.
  10. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Salt in the wound huh??

But I agree...I Learned years ago ,Nobody touches my truck but me.

11. Leopard

Leopard Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Aurora , IL
    No space for hard feelings. Better facing the reality of things even if its salty and the wound is wide open. "Scar left for life.."

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.