C-15 Accert Turbo blades damaged by mechanic

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Leopard, Jun 16, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Nobody speaks english but the owners wife, smack major face palm. lol

Good luck getting any money back. I hope you do, but I have seen stuff like this way to often go the other way.
    The problem guys have run into here is sort of what you have. Using a aftermarket turbo, when they go out you have to have a core or you are stuck either with a healthy core charge, or missing more work than the turbo costs waiting for another aftermarket one to be shipped in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    While this is true, the difference is with the aftermarket companies are not having quality control people in the factories to insure their products meet or exceed oem quality.

To the op, don't pitch that turbo.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Doesn't really matter where Caterpillar gets their turbos made. Cat calls the shots with quality control. Aftermarket is not as well policed.

5. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Garrett is not aftermarket. Garrett is original equipment manufacturer. If you order a turbo from cat or garrett you get the exact same turbo. Get it from Cat you will probably pay more and they will tell you you have to buy a wastegate actuator [if equipped] also. Garrett will sell you 1 without a wastegate actuator .

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Just because garret made it does not mean it is made to cat standards, as is seen by your waste gate comment.
    Cat will not take a garret turbo in for core. I run a borg, BUT I have my old cat in case it fails, it is cheaper to run to cat and get a turbo than to miss a load waiting for a turbo to be shipped.

7. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.