C.A.T transport and Penner international

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Western fleet owner, Mar 31, 2021.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Nice! I’ve always had really good luck in Laredo, so much so I even considered Charger lol. Good to know CAT might be an option.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    They have medicine for that kind of condition

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  4. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG]
    The green flat area, including QC/ON to Texas is one of best route for fuel economy and less pressure on equipment, have a look at elevation map
    As a new OO i used to run California, blew up two motors and bunch of radiators in two years pulling heavy reefer across the mountains. There's no easy way for equipment in and out of west , all Interstates I-8,10,40,15,70,80,90 and 5in BC have long puling sections heating the motors, and hot steel expands or gets soft. If you drive this sections watch the shoulder, it's all spotted with oil and other vital motor fluids. After i learned hard way wasted lots of $$ in repairs, i switched to Ontario to Texas, we run first truck 1.1 mil miles and 2nd 1.8 mil miles without inframe, a friend of mine got 3 mil on original N14 , and few more i know close to 2 mil all running flat roads ON to TX. A truck loaded 80,000 lbs uses only aprox 260 HP @55mph on flat road, less wearing and pressure on emission .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  5. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    My best fuel mileage with my glider, 9.8mpg US gallon also, larado to Mirabel. 8000lbs in the box. Lol

6. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    You made a better choice with the glider , got another volvo; i used to pull many loads from Laredo to Mirabel for Bombardier, light , airliner parts , sometimes just a wing or horizontal stabilizer, long box on the floor.

Elroythekid and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  7. Just a rookie

Just a rookie Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2021
    canuckdia
    Whats ABL exactly? (dont hate me just a rookie)

8. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I had 2 nose cones for the Airbus planes they are assembling there. Got a quick tour of the assembly plant. Pretty cool to see how they do it.

9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Asset Based Logistics, fancy term for power only contractor or tractor service. Your numbers/insurance and truck, their trailers/freight and depending on the company; fuel cards. You basically haul loads the big companies can’t cover with their own trucks. Sometimes they want to use contractors, for loads they don’t feel their company trucks can handle (Florida, BC/AB in the winter).

it’s a fun gig for a while, but the stupidity and dealing with ALL the big carriers gets old.

10. Just a rookie

Just a rookie Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2021
    canuckdia
    sounds like it could pay well if one is willing to tough the canadian winters (its not that hard)

11. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I only did US runs, its dealing with BS that makes it hard, esp the reloads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.