C.R. England and Sons, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by toorollingstoned, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Cjewell77

Cjewell77 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2011
    shreveport,la
    OOIDA told me NOT to go with that company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    I'm thinking about doing a little experiment with these guys...I'll keep you posted. heheheehe

4. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    bumpity bump, but there are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.

1st, you don't get handed the title after a lease. A lease means you're borrowing the truck, not buying it. After the lease, you have the option to buy the truck. The truck is still a Horizons truck, until you send in the last payment. Do you actually expect to get handed a title after a 6 month demo? Read the contract you signed, or are you one of those "sign it before you read it" types?

2nd, every OTR company has similar lease programs. England, Werner, Prime, etc. They want you in a truck with minimal cost out of their pocket. If that means punching you with a lease until you're black and blue, they will do just that.

3rd, if you measure the vehicles speed in knots, airspeed is the same as ground speed when you're on the ground. 1kt = 1.14mph roughly. And you don't need to be in a jet to use knots as a measurement. Boats use it too.

4th, not everyone is cut out to be a truck driver. Just because you can drive a truck doesn't imply you are a driver.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  5. Cruisegrl1982

Cruisegrl1982 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Tulsa,OK

REYJAC - Could you show me your settlements that show you made $700 to $900 a week solo in a lease truck? I (regretfully) just walked away from my lease truck after 14 weeks because my biggest check was 284 and that was the first week with no truck payment. I averaged 100.00 a week as far as a check goes. I only managed to hang on that long because I paid up all my bills until the middle of September back in February when I left for CR Englands driving school. I figured I gave myself enough time to get through training and into my own truck. I was a solo driver who averaged 3100 miles a week otr. I was also on fuel rebate and in a 2011 Cascadia in a DEMO lease. I did train 1 Phase 2 student (my paycheck jumped to 180 dollars that week) who I met at BH when she was starting School and I was upgrading from Phase 2. I was the biggest CRE cheerleader with my 3 sweatshirts, 8 t-shirts, 5 CRE blankets and 1 CRE duffel bag (all of which I bought in school before I was ever hired by CRE). Oh and I still can not bring myself to remove my CR England I am road smart bracelet, but now that I have been lied to by my DM (who I did not give a list of reasons as to why he should give me the best loads but got them anyways) and I saw the way my ex-team mate was treated (I 2nd seated on his truck for 1 month after phase 2 upgrade) after his medical card expired while his truck was broke down at volvo, and just not being able to get a paycheck period, I have been forced to see the light. I just do not see how you could of made that large of check knowing what I know now.:biggrin_25513:

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Something tells me you're not giving us the whole story. I find it very hard to believe you barely broke even after running 3100 miles. You must have had some down time, or repair work done to the truck. Or, you finished previous trips after the cut-off time to turn in a trip-pack. These factors will put you behind in a lease payment, which you will have to make up for. Please, please, please read that lease contract. The only charge that comes from CRE itself is the variable mileage payment. Everything else comes from Horizons, as CRE does NOT own that truck.

That being said, as a business owner, you need to suppliment income. If the variables I mentioned come into play, you know you either need to drive more miles, or get funding from somewhere else, IE driver unload pay. I made a killing from driver unload pay.

7. Cruisegrl1982

Sep 9, 2011
    Tulsa,OK
    I leased 06/15/2011 and I never was even informed of a 18 month lease to own option. I was told the ONLY way to get out of the .14 cpm variable was to complete a 6 month demo and then when the demo lease was complete was to take 8K and put it down on a truck that was out of the 3 year lease window and could be purchased.

8. Cruisegrl1982

Sep 9, 2011
    Tulsa,OK
    I will admit that I never thought to unload the load when I actually had a load that had to be unloaded. I, for whatever reason, did a bunch of drop and hooks at walmart or conway. I only scanned trip paks every 2 weeks so my miles a week could be off. I will go look at my settlements again to make sure I am speaking the truth. I do not want to put anything out that is not true. I loved being at CRE and I loved working there. It broke my heart to turn in my truck.

THBatMan8 and AfterShock Thank this.
  9. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Turning in your trip envelopes once every two weeks is what put you in the hole, as Horizons will continue to charge you the fixed costs and variable costs, whether or not you have the funds to cover it. This adds up over time. This is why you couldn't make a income after running 3100 miles.

Trip envelopes should be turned in within 24 hours of trip completion.

corneileous Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Uh ... ohhh!

THBatMan8 and DC10 Thank this.
  11. DC10

DC10 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Lakeland, Fl
    OK then they have changed a lot, last I heard You had to Pay The Truck Off before you can put drivers on it, in other words one lease per customer! Those figures you quoted as your take home :biggrin_25523:(I Call B/S) Your not an owner operator, and even if you where at less than $1.00 per mile before expenses i.e. Fuel, Insurance, that mileage thing they charge plus all the other variables its pretty much impossible, unless your
    CR England...:biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.