C.R. England and Sons, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by toorollingstoned, Sep 27, 2005.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    CR is dead, His name would be Dan

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    The results of said experiment:

This past weekend, I filled out an online application for C.R. England. (Don't worry, I'm not going with them; just follow me). Today, I get a call from Salt Lake City. A recruiter named "Ben" from C.R. England is on the other end. We exchange plesantries and then get down to business.

He goes into the spiel about the lease purchase program that they offer, (almost sounded like a telemarketer reading from a script) saying I could make all this "amazing money" if I decide to do this. I don't have all the numbers in front of me, but the number that sticks out in my head was I could make "up to $75,000. per year.":biggrin_25523:

I covered my mouth so he couldn't hear me laughing.

He went into more BS about fuel surcharge, repair discounts, etc., until I stopped him and said, "Sir, did you even take a good look at my application? I mean, a REAL good look at my application?"

"Yes," he said, "and everything looks great. We'd like to have you here next week, if that's possible, for our next orientation."

"Apparently, you don't look at applications very well, and neither did anyone else, for that matter."

The C.R. England application specifically states as one of the qualifications for employment: Reside in the United States other than the following areas: AK, FL, HI, MT, ND, SD

"Sir," I said, "I live in Florida. You cannot hire me."

Then I hung up before he could say anything else.

4. CRE Truth

CRE Truth Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Savannah, Ga
    Everything said here is true, except they are keeping a few stuborn people around as company drivers. Couldnt have said it better. Horrible company.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. fmdriver

fmdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2007
    My husband had a stroke while being pushed by his dispatcher. He was put in the hospital for a month in California. He never should have been allowed back on the truck but found a dr that signed his medical card. A couple years later while making a delivery he was found laying beside his truck in Wisconsin. To this day it runs thru my mind how long he must have laid there before he was found. He was life flighted to a Madison hospital where he was put on life support. My husband died that same day. We were married 20 years and it haunts me everyday, England cared so much they just put another driver on his truck and I never received his belongings for almost a month as the new driver was to busy to stop when he went thru my home town. I never did get all his belongings but I guess the other driver figured my husband no longer needed it. I hold not only the doctor but England responsible for the death of my husband as he could not take the time off needed to see his doctor. I thank God that he didnt wreck and kill a family. England will hire anyone a medical card dont mean a thing to them

6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Information as of August 26, 2011:

BASICs Performance Overview (Based on a 24-month record ending August 26, 2011)

On-road ... % ... Investigation

Unsafe Driving ... 83% ... No investigation
    Fatigued Driving (HOS) ... 14.2% ... No investigation
    Driver Fitness ... 88.7% ... Serious violation cited within last 12 months
    Controlled Substances/Alcohol ... 30% ... Serious violation cited within last 12 months
    Vehicle Maintenance ... 44.6% ... No investigation

Apparently, they give the drivers plenty of rest and take pretty good care of their trucks but not their safety culture. No wonder they're selling slots in their training school for half off or more. People see this public information and, like me, make the right decision.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Incorrect. Safety is big at CRE, and they preach it all the time. The problem is, you are still at the mercy of the drivers ability to apply what is taught.

8. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    With all due respect to you for your loss, your husband is partially responsible also as after all, he was the one that made the decision to continue driving.

9. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    You know something Bat...at first I thought your comment was a bit cold. then I re-read the post of FM and noticed a couple things...."a couple years later", "in the hospital for a month".....

That would mean a second Dr. to sign off the med card (which we all know is worth squat) and a stroke that put him in the hospital even for a week would be hard to get back to driving, let alone a month.....the story as stated above does not ring true in my mind!

Rick Brown and THBatMan8 Thank this.
  10. ddx40

ddx40 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    PA
    just left CR england full of #### they force u into a lease or stay second seat after phase 1 training at 12 cents a mile no more phases 2 training and if u want the miles u must be a phase 1 trainer and take two students on yur truck.
    if not u will grt just enough miles to pay them back and be negative all the time

11. THBatMan8

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    It does seem cold, but it's not. CRE didn't make the decision to put him back in the truck. He made that decision on his own.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.