C.R. England installs 1,000 Mobileye driver warning units

Discussion in 'CR England' started by rookietrucker, Nov 3, 2009.

1. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]C.R. England installs 1,000 Mobileye driver warning units
    [/FONT]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    with some of the people they hire....they need it.

BigMuthaTrucka Thanks this.
  4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    There is a time when every driver on the road needs it. This is exactly the kind of technology they should be developing rather than electronic log books.

Every driver has drifted out of his lane, or nodded off for a few seconds, or had some come head on to them, any warning you can get that may save your life or mine is a good thing. Most of us have covered many miles that we do not recall, and thank God lived thru it to learn, hopefully. And if you haven't you will.

As far as the kind of driver they hire, I can only rely to the drivers I have run into. The logo on the door has very little to do with anything. You think your better somehow because your making someone else rich instead of a England, Swift or Knight driver.

The end is the same, you make wages and the owner of the company makes profit. And that is the way it should be, they owner takes the gamble, he is responsible then he makes the profit.

Were all the same if were driving for someone else. Instead of knocking a driver, try helping them. Bet a better person than average.

It's time to get off each others back, the other driver is not the enemie.

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I drove a truck for a while with the collision avoidance system in it, and found it to be helpful in traffic. But could see how it could be easy to get dependent on it. Overall it was good to have senors in my blind spots. Front warning was adjustable but annoying in traffic.

6. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I bet its fun in say NYC? It would never stop beeping on the "Cross Bronx Expressway" (I-95)

7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    or even Queens Expressway down by Fort Hamilton where the road gets real narrow!

8. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN

And yes, i have traveled miles that i do not recall.

no, im not better because im making someone else rich. Thats why im going independant soon. And to be honest, I'd make comments like that about Werner too! All the big companies hire a bunch of idiots (and decent drivers like myself, in much smaller numbers!). Period.

And I wouldn't mind having this system on my truck. Much better than that paperless log crap.

Anyway, think about it. When's the last time you saw an idiot truck driver? I see several very noticable ones every day. When I drove for CRST, i drove with several. Oh, lets see...Mr OMG I don't ever need to scale a load, Miss OMG you're driving too fast but OMG if you complain because im doing 80 MPH in 10th gear smoking the brakes down the cabbage patch, Mr Its So Cool to drink and drive, Ms ran into a fuel pump, Mr OMG Lets get into a fist fight because I'm just a ########, ....
    (this is all why i dont team drive!)

9. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

I had a truck with one on it ### well.. I thought it was a pain in the A@# because it would go off alot inadvertently. It was always messing up. Maybe they are better now. New tech can be good as long as the reliability is better and the bugs worked out.

10. Mainframe

Mainframe Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2010
    beloit, wi
    Cool, a device to let us know we are straying from our lane as we are lulled to sleep by the incredibly boring snails pace as we snore down the road. If this works right the will govern the trucks to 45 mph, watch!

You can fix teeth, get plastic surgery, go on a diet, but you can't fix stupid.
    (Ron White)
    Also, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

11. ElectricFence

ElectricFence Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Fallbrook, California
    Have you ever dreamed that you were driving a big truck, then woke up and you were driving a big truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.