c15 acert pushing coolant out radiator

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by dieseldan2005, Sep 15, 2013.

1. peterbiltswag

peterbiltswag Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Low liners, cracked flanges. DO NOT do the thinner spacer plate. Cut the counterbores to .006, not .005 and not .007, .006. If you don't do a full overhaul at least measure the liner flanges, if anything is off replace them. Liners are less than $120 each "close enough" will mean you'll be doing it again in less than 50,000 mi. I recommend if you do overhaul it use 10R-7172 (i think that's the number) cyl packs. They're either 16:1 or 17:1 compression vs the 18:1 you have now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cetanediesel

cetanediesel Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Albany, NY
    Why would one want to go to lower compression pistons?

4. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    less cylinder pressure, less heat, less headgasket problems, more air and fuel,= more hp+ longevity

W903B and cetanediesel Thank this.
  5. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    Sell the thing and rent a tractor from Lawrence lease for a while to build up some cash and buy something better. They are great people. You will end up renting something that gets 1 mpg better than you have - run that math.

6. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    Just wondered what you ended up doing. Been thinking about you ever since and hoping you don't quit. Don't ever ever give up because once you start it will get easier. So I'm told that is why I never plan on quitting on anything

7. kaytron31598

kaytron31598 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2011
    i had the same thing its the precooler

8. dieseldan2005

dieseldan2005 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    North Branch, MN
    Since i had the truck into Cat it never did it again. They couldn't find anything wrong other than maybe i overfilled it, but i filled it up a bunch of times. So i ended up selling it and bought an 04 379 daycab with a c12 in it. It fits my needs way better as i get paid by the ton and this truck is almost 2500lbs lighter than the KW. So overall i'm not thinking it needed anything at least right away. I drove it a good month without any more issues other than the slight loss of coolant that it had since i got it. I still think that was a leaking hose clamp somewhere around the water pump because i could smell coolant once it warmed up, but it never leaked out.

W903B Thanks this.
  9. TIPTOWS

TIPTOWS Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2021
    I KNOW that this is a very old post, but this is the complete something happening to one of my trucks, just wondering is you ever figured out what it was, that was causing the antifreeze to back pressure out of the overflow tube??

10. Gurjant

Gurjant Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2021
    Hello
    I have problem with my 2007 T600.
    It started pushing coolant out of the overflow...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.