C15 Fan Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by RNS, Jul 25, 2010.

1. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Many trucks use air to release the clutch. If your's is like that, then your fan would not turn with the engine off. would

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fromby

fromby Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2011
    hello everybody ........i am new to this forum............i have an air leak from my fan hub..........c15 cat .......... any advice?????

4. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    The fan hub has seals to keep air from leaking.You could get a rebuild kit or replace fan hub.

5. pbr

pbr Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    hickory, nc
    I have a 2003 c15 6nz cat. My problem is once the engine gets hot enough to engage the fan clutch such as climbing a long hill, the fan clutch stays on for the rest of the day. I've noticed even when the fan is not engaged it still seems the fan blades are turning too fast to be totally disengaged. I've replaced the selenoid, the a/c high pressure, and the air line. Still not fixed. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

6. Dee Mike

Dee Mike Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2019
    I have the same problem with my C15 fan clutch not getting power to the solenoid thus the fan stays on all the time what is my problem to keep power to the solenoid switch

7. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    the high-pressure switch for the a/c.... solenoid...or worn clutch in the fan itself.
    it's really difficult to diagnose over the internet

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.