Cab bottoming out on 2010 Pete 387

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Ray T, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Ray T

Ray T Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2022
    Hey all, Im new here on thus forum.
    My sleeper is bottoming out on medium to large dips in the road tossing my dvd's amongst tools and other stuff all over the floor! Getting real frustrated! I've replaced both cab shocks and bags 4 months ago. It worked pretty good til a month or so back, so Last week I replaced the sleeper leveling valve. But the sleeper wasnt riding any higher than with the old valve. I adjusted it as high as the adj rod would allow, but it only made a minimal height rise. I ended up making a longer adj rod to get the sleeper up, so now is riding about 1 inch higher. Seemed to help, but still bottoming out on some dips?? I have Gabriel shocks, and I can bounce the sleeper fairly easy, could the shocks be too weak? Any advice is appreciated, thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The bags probably have pinhole leaks in them near the bottom where you can't see feel them with a wet finger unless they're fully inflated.

Either that or there's an air leak somewhere else in the system.

4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    If you can bounce that sleeper by you moving it yourself, my guess would be the shocks. I just bought a pair for my short sleeper, bought OEM (TRP)from Pete stealership. I can’t move the sleeper up or down.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  5. Ray T

Ray T Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2022
    Yeah I can bounce it easy! Great thanks, I'll get a new set. these Gabriels I put on 4 months ago, but maybe they went bad already‍♂️

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.