Cadaver and Morgue hauling.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bentstrider83, Jan 10, 2021.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    A hospital I deliver to put a large cooler in front of one of their dock doors when the pandemic started.

650cat425 and ncmickey Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    I don’t see the point of destroying trailer. A washout suffices. Likely ol truckers tale. Cadavers are transported by all modes daily without having to destroy transport container. Plenty of First Nation folks who pass away locally are transported by numerous methods back to the Rez

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  4. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Ours wasn't destroyed, but the University did direct us to a place that did a true washout with antibacterial detergent. Not exactly a load you go to the Blue Beacon and call it good.

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Why there in bags, and they dont pee on everything like drivers.

6. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Several different factors effect decomp

Lonesome and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Call it the "ironic bucket list", but the "body farm" in Tennessee, that one cemetery in Guanajuato Mexico where the bodies were put on display if the "burial tax" wasn't paid, and the Capuchin Catacombs in Palermo Italy are at the top of the list.

Or I could just see about completing either an associates, or even BA/BS program in pathology or something else related to macabre subjects like this. Not trying to explain my life story, but despite the low employability/monetary returns in those fields, I feel my interest could keep me interested enough to complete the program. Better than the "extrovert leaning" fields of IT and engineering that seemed to attract a bunch of "retire-by-25" types.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  8. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I actually have experience with transporting human remains. It was before my cdl days.
    I had a friend who had a business the was a recovery service. They would pick up human remains at traffic accidents, or from the home where they died and take them to either the morgue or whichever mortuary company involved. Also included transporting human remains that had already been imbalmed and needed to either be transported to another funeral home or to,the nearest airport to be flown to another place.
    Anyway, on day he was short handed and asked if I could help him. He's been a good friend for a very long time, so of course I'd do what I could to help him. Turns out I can deal OK with human remains, some can't handle it. So, it was an infrequent but continuous side job. Mostly I would transport them from a funeral home to the nearest airport, which was about 150 miles away.
    My favorite story with that is going through a border patrol check point one evening (live close to the Mexican border so check point are common). I'm in a regular unmarked Chevy cargo van with no windows. I approach and stop at the check point. The border patrol agent asks me if there was anyone else in the vehicle. I replied, "Not Alive." He gives me a quizzical look and I tell him I am transporting human remains. He says, Oh, OK. And after about a second and a half, it dawns on him that I just told him I got a dead guy in the van with me. You could tell by the expression on his face and then he proceeds to, in a very animated fashion, wave me through as in get outta here!!! It was hilarious.
    Anyway, as for CDL stuff. IDK. I do not think it would require a hazmat endorsement, I never needed any such thing. They was paperwork I had to have, but basically it was just a BOL.

Lonesome, bzinger and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There’s a reason Big Mac’s are called the food of the Pharoah’s. :)

You’ll be able to say that people are dying to ride with you. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.