Calark just my .02 cents

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by topperj, May 27, 2014.

1. topperj

topperj Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2013
    All the trucks are pro stars or kenworths. All are auto shifts. The new trucks have the smaller sleepers. The old ones have regular sized sleepers. They do a good job keeping the trucks in good shape. And know it does not take an act of congress to get things fixed. Whatever the problem is report it to road assist and they will get u to one of calarks shops a t/a or a dealer. A lot of drivers complain about the shops , but I have no issues with them.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. topperj

Oct 1, 2013
    Delivered today in Texarkana. Picking up a load in Prescott ar and dropping it in little rock in the morning. Then pick up another load off the yard and deliver it by 1400 Sunday in laredo. It sounds like a nice easy weekend to me.

4. topperj

Oct 1, 2013
    Posted the wrong appt time for Sundays delivery was supposed to be 1600. Everything was going smooth today, till I had a blow out 15 miles from Italy tx. Ugh. Sitting on i35es stop by and bring dinner if your in the area. I will be the calark truck with the flashing lights. Lol

5. Mustang07

Mustang07 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Chelsea, Ok.
    Can you tell me what their benefits are?

6. topperj

Oct 1, 2013
    They have health insurance. (Not very good) dental and vision that are both good. One week paid vacation after one year. Two weeks paid after three years.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  7. Mustang07

Mustang07 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Chelsea, Ok.
  8. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
  9. topperj

Oct 1, 2013
    3 hrs 3 minutes waiting on the new tire last night. I parked at the tiger mart 15 miles down the road and 3 hours over on the 14. Ooooooops. The quallcom was not a happy camper. Oh well did a split sleeper so I could still make laredo by 1600. The yard was full of trailers and no drivers. Very odd for a Sunday afternoon. Got a preplan about an hour after I got there. It's supposed to be in Troy Alabama at 1300 tomorrow. I did explain with my recap hours it would be wed. Morning before I could deliver. I got sent with the load anyway. Made it up to the Ta in San Antonio. Guess I will see what they decide to do with the load tomorrow.

10. Jonryker

Jonryker Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Panama City, Florida
    What can one expect during orientation ? Is it paid ? Thanks in advance and I enjoy reading your posts.

11. topperj

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks jonryker, orientation is three days of pure bliss. No really you stay at the home wood suites in a nice room by yourself. It has a a continental breakfast. They give you lunch each day. And they give you a10 dollar Cracker Barrel gift card each night for dinner. The. Typical orientation lots of paper work. Drug test / physical. Meet all the people you will deal with. Simple driving and backing test. Then get a truck and a load for home to gather your stuff. Welcome to calark. Hope this helps

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.