Caldwell Community College Truck Driver Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TerryG1982, Feb 28, 2010.

1. TerryG1982

TerryG1982 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Granite Falls NC
    I signed up for this 8 week course in January. Its run by the local community college, on a separate facility just down the road. I graduate next week, and I gotta say, I'm gonna miss the place when I'm gone.

The quality of instruction, IMO, is excellent. All of the instructors are former truck drivers with quite a bit of experience, and a couple also worked as diesel mechanics as well. They are very hands on when you first go to the road, and gradually let you make your own decisions, correcting or advising when needed.

This isn't a "here's the answer to the question, write it down" kind of place. They do help you prepare for the CDL permit test at the beginning of class, and also give you information you'll need to pass your endorsement tests as well. But they also try and give you information you can use when you actually get out there...granted, 8 weeks is a short amount of time to absorb a whole lot, but they do try to go outside the curriculum and give you some real word information.

Its inexpensive, too. I had to pay the out of state tuition, as I moved here recently. But if you're an NC resident, it'll cost you just over $800.

Well, I've said a mouthful, but I'd recommend this program if you live in the area.

kickin chicken, MrMustard and Baack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swaps

Swaps Heavy Load Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Minnesota
    wow, $800 for a 2 month course!! Not bad at all!!!

Sounds like a great place to attend!

4. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    PDTI certified too! For $808 (NC residents), $3103 (out of state) sounds like a top-flight deal!

5. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    I've said over and over, the community colleges have the best programs. I went to Clark State Community College in Springfield, Ohio for mine. It was a similar program, slightly more expensive, but not by much, and that was over 12 years ago.

kickin chicken and JustSonny Thank this.
  6. Swaps

Swaps Heavy Load Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Minnesota
    PDTI is losing it's value. They 'accredit' CDL Mills too.

7. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    [​IMG]

Best of Luck!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.