Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. combatdoc

combatdoc Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Forsyth GA ( in the woods)
    Well since everyone had such a wonderful week, let me tell you about my adventure, lol

With more then six hours before we where supposed to pick up our two stopper for Chicago land from two chefs on a roll we decided to do laundry.
    I went to the yard to pick up my paperwork and trailer and Dagmar started the laundry,no sooner as I got to the yard I was informed that I needed to take a load from Lancaster, pa to Ohio, no biggie .
    I called Dagmar hoping she had not started the laundry yet, but she did. So I headed back picked her and the wet 'laundry up and we headed to pick up the load and on towards Ohio.
    We got loaded fast and drove all night to get to our 6 am app,we got there at 2 am went to bed woke up to deliver.

And here is where the fun started, after the delivery we went back to sleep and then got a message telling me i was picking up right there at ththe same place,
    I checked back in with the people (newspaper)and they said it would be a while .
    My pick up app was 3pm , their printing press had broke down, and they needed to load another calex truck before me, well we went and got our wet laundry dry and came back,
    Thank God for refrigerators and microwaves, we had what we needed to eat and drink.

They started to load us at 10 pm and did not get done till 10 am the nnext morning,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. combatdoc

Jul 30, 2009
    You can imagine how much fun that was, but in reality it was not that bad, got a lot of sleep and caught up on some TV shows,
    Only thing that was bad is they forgot to leave the door open for us to be able to use the bathroom but that was only for about an hour, we finally got out of there spen d the whole day running around Ohio.
    The next day we got our pick up which was yesterday and we are now in Nebraska heading to sparks nevada for a Monday am delivery,
    Dispatch was able to reschedule the load I was supposed to have picked it up Thursday to a Friday pick up,
    But thru it all I can't complain calex did a good job keeping stuff straight.

4. kwray

kwray Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Ok first of all I know to whom you are referring. Secondly, I have an idea who YOU are. Third, you need to mind your own business. Difficult for you, but mind it nonetheless. Whatever is bothering you or is mentally wrong with you that compels you to stir up trouble is something you need to take care of.

If there really was a problem with one of our employees drinking or using drugs then you need to take it up with Tommy Grimes. But then you won't do that because there really is no problem. You just want to stir the pot.

JohnBoy and Hitman Thank this.
  5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Bingo! Well said Ray.

6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin. Got to my p/u at 7am, backed in at 7:45,done loading at 8:45, scaled out and coffeed up. Winslow AZ on my radar tonight.

7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Let us know if you see that girl in the flat bed Ford. :biggrin_2559:

Hitman Thanks this.
  8. combatdoc

Jul 30, 2009
    You realize that the person who made the post joined that day, not even a regular on here,probably joined on here just to stir up trouble,
    I have a pretty good idea what this is all about,
    It's very juvenile behaviour, specially since no one in charge even reads this here, well maybe now they are, who knows,
    And I think we just need to ignore this, he is getting to much credence to begin with.

JohnBoy and Hitman Thank this.
  9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Todays to do list. End my day in Amarillo, fuel, shower, steak dinner at the Big Texan Steak House, then watch the Giants beat Dallas in Dallas....Priceless!

10. kwray

kwray Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah I know doc....it just frosted my muffins and I couldn't contain myself.

11. combatdoc

Jul 30, 2009
    So the noon deadline for turning in paperwork on Monday is that pittston noon, or where ever you are noon, because we will be in Nevada and I don't thinki I will be empty by 9 am, my appointment is at 8 and it took 3 hours to load all this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.