Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I'm sure it will at times. This is something I've done for many years, so I'm sure it will always be with me. But I do have other endeavors I am involved with even now that I will do full time, one being real estate. I have had my license for many years and will probably do it full time with my wife when my truck driving days are over. I do some real estate work now with her even when I'm gone, and when I'm home.

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fournancy

fournancy Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    my vote for good co. is transport designs,burnsville,mn.good pay,good trips,phone communication good time for trips.really.

4. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    And this is relevant why?

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    The only thing I can come up with is that the poster was confused and thought he was in another part of TTR, or he might be trolling. in any event, he will more than likely be a one hit wonder.

6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    How's everything going with you and the wife? Going back to Florida anytime soon?

7. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    We're trying, she goofed a little on her first attempt at her LPN test and has to wait until after the first of the year to re-test, but we've made it this far so what's another few weeks. So long as we get home before the heavy snow sets in, I'll be happy. Thanks for checking bud.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  8. Larryparker

Larryparker Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Boynton beach, FL
    Hey There Johnboy,
    Dont bother to look for me up in Kenly anymore, Wednesday morning when I started my truck I threw a rod, or at least thats what I was told. Towed the truck and trailer to H and H down at exit 41, Company then rented me a car and I came home. Thursday night I was told I was being laid off because they were closing the company. They would pay all truck repairs, and wanted me to buy the truck. It has a $66,800 payoff, and since then I have been thinking about it. I went to the Volvo dealer in Pompano,, and they have a 780 set up just the way I want it, question is, do I want to invest.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and your home for the weekend. If you get a chance let me know what you think.
    Take Care,

Larry

9. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    i wouldnt invest in a volvo too expensive to repair. I'd look into getting a t700, Hope you got a good account u can get on and savings

10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I'm home, I'm leaving and won't have time to update my adventures until this weekend when I'll be back up in Pittston. Be safe all, God Bless.

Voyager1968 Thanks this.
  11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Sorry to hear about your company closing it's doors Larry. I'm sure you will find something that will work for you. It's a shame it had to happen right at the holidays. As far as the Volvo 780, it's a very comfortable truck to work out of. You won't be dissapointed if you go that route. What does it have for a motor and tranny?
    Keep in touch Larry, good luck and God bless.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.