Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Good luck JohnBoy, I've been following this thread since I started driving school until the present. I'm sorry that it came to this, but as we all know, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Coincidently, now that you're moving on to bigger and better things, Calex has come out with a new Performance and Longevity package for those who apply. Shocker.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Would someone tell me it's me and not the system. I get to my delivery at 12:30, the only truck that's next to back in, I immediately go into sleeper berth and at the 6.30 mark I get a door assignment. It's now the 8 hour mark and they haven't even started on me. 2 more hours and ill have my full 10 in. All I ever hear when I bring it to someone's attention is that I have no place to be and that's the way it's been for years. One helluva going away present.

I'll be on my way home by noon tomorrow. When I get home I will answer each and everyone of you that has sent me well wishes, plus I will end my contribution on this blog the only way I know how, by telling it straight and truthful. Then I will move on to my new job and start it all over again.

Hitman, jlind, joseph1135 and 8 others Thank this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Hey John. Good luck, I just did the same, left Lessors after 5 1/2 years. Sometimes, even when we don't want to believe it, but that grass is greener.

Chinatown and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Wow! First I've heard of it!

7. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    Looking forward to it Johnboy!! Safe travels home.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  8. Larryparker

Larryparker Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Boynton beach, FL
    Johnboy,I want to wish you the best with your next adventure. I haven't been on here for a while, so when I just went on to say Hi, I find changes are in the wind. The other night I was in Kenly, I drove around looking for your old KW, of course to no avail. I hope that we can stay in touch, and I will be looking forward to your new thread. TAKE GOOD CARE, KEEP THE SUNNY SIDE UP, AND THE DIRTY SIDE DOWN. Larry

9. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Well this is quite a turn of events. I just got here, and now it's over.

10. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

It's not you, John, it's that chainsaw on the front of your trailer. It has some sort of magical effect on people. Suddenly it's like they are walking in three feet of sand.

11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.

Thanks my friend.

Thanks. I always try to carry myself the way I treat people. The new travels start on Monday.

Thank you. One is ending, a new one is opening.

My plans are miniscule, someone/something a lot bigger than me has the real plan.

I'm glad I was able to elighten people on my rather boring life. I plan on taking everyone of you on my next journey.

Thanks, my adventures with Calex wil be just a warm up for my next adventure, stay tuned!

Thanks for following along these last few years. I'm happy you were able to use some of my thoughts and goings on in your life. Change ccan be difficult at times, as you know, how you handle it is what defines us.

I'm one of those people that when a change occurs, there's no looking back. Like someone stated earlier, I keep on keeping on, forward, not backwards. I have changes in my life and always take somethings with me and leave somethings behind. Calex is no different.

Glad something over the years can be useful, God only knows I sure ranted enough.

Thanks Steve. I was doubting writing a new blog about my new adventures until I read all these well wishes. Now I feel I owe it to you and everyone else for something new.

Speechless. Thank you so much. I will say this though, I couldn't agree with you any more, they did find a warm body with a pulse to do my run, I will fill everyone in on that in my nex and final post.

There's more to life than tgrucking, follow your dreams, safely and enjoy life. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad my rants opened doors for you.

Robert, sorry I missed you the other night. I got tied up in Florence trying to unload my lettuce. I'll stay in touch, I have too many friends at Calex that mean a lot to me. Give my regards to Dagmar and be safe my brother.

Life goes on for everyone, even myself. I'm glad you were able to enjoy this enough to read all 400+ pages....phew! I have a copy of the memo for the new bonus plan, which I might add is a start in the right direction, aldeit a little late for me.

Thankyou Joseph, and good luck to you also.

Thank you.

Thanks Larry. There absolutely no reason why we shouldn't. I always have my radio on waiting to hear those words, "JohnBoy, is that you?" Be safe my friend.

Sorry, but as you know, all good things come to an end. But new adventures will be forthcoming.

pete1, Weeble Kneeble, jrotra and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.