California Only work?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Boosted_SC300, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Boosted_SC300

Boosted_SC300 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Hello truckers, seeing as winter is coming in and im to much of a chicken to stay out past Christmas and deal with all the winter awesomeness since i pull flatbed and California isnt really known as the best market for it. Are there any companies in California that are hiring O/O's to pull tanks, hazmat, bulk, grain or even cattle/pigs? Hell, ill even pull that smelly black stuff they pour on the road if the pay is right lol. Ive seen trucks hauling small doubles tanks near Chowchilla on the 99 and sometimes on the 5 near lost hills with a phone number on the back requesting for sub haulers but i cant remember the name or number. I got bulk transport, foodliner, & KAG im looking at, and ive sent my resume to another company whos looking for O/O for Hazmat work. Just wanting to hear your guys comments. I dont really want to but If nothing good comes up ill just rent a dry van or go power only, maybe even go line haul with doubles. I know im 2 months away but time flies so i like to prepare and be ready when the time comes! Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Itd be almost better to park it. All the Indians and sheiks drove the rates down too far

rachi and TRNR&SNS Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    The only tanker outfits that I know of, that stay strictly in California, are seasonal jobs that slow down in the winter.
    The competition for winter work is fierce and that drives the rates down.
    Some guys in our area who do ag work during the season will pull rock doubles in the winter but the rates on that are terrible. There's even competition for those jobs if that gives you any idea of how bad it is.
    What some of the guys do, if they want to stay in California only, is to hit it hard spring, summer, and fall and bank as many dollars as they can. They'll use the California ag extension on HOS and work every hour they can get. They take the winter off.

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Williams Tank Lines I believe is California only. They haul fuel.

6. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    They are also in Nevada. That’s how they get away with not paying the drivers OT.

7. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Well, son of a .........

Then there's J.B. Critchley floatin' around. They haul food grade liquids.

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Ruan out of Tulare. Michael Coelho out Stevinson, Ca. I see their cattle trailers next to Totally Tankers in Tulare.

9. ThatVolvoMackGuy

ThatVolvoMackGuy Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Fontana, CA
    Where at in California are you looking?

10. Daycabinit

Daycabinit Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    George Kashida trucking in lodi hires o/o to pull double pneumatic trailers you don’t need a blower either mostly gravity unload.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.