California Opportunities

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    If not oil, Bakersfield and the area north of it has a major produce industry that one could drive for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Patt52

Patt52 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    According to The American Lung Association, Bakersfield, CA has had the worst air pollution in the nation. Due to geography of being surrounded by mtns. on three sides and light winds that cause pollution to settle in that area. Partly also blamed on the oil industry there. They do say it is getting better though. I passed through Bakersfield headed farther north about 20 years ago. For the life of me I can't recall what the sky looked like then as far as pollution is concerned.

4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I've picked up loads at Exxon over in the bay area "for refineries" going to other parts of the country,
    .. there is oil being worked along the 101, the little crickets and pipe is there you can't miss it.. as mentioned produce is available .. wineries are scattered through out the state if your up for that.. there's other freight just a mention...

5. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I'm only looking to work in the oilfields. You just can't beat the money. I know there are a lot of oilfields in that area, just not sure how busy it is. OT is how we make the money and if one can't get 12 hours a day, it just isn't worth it, to me. Maybe I've been jaded from making great money the past few years here in Texas. I don't know. Anyway, I figured I would have received some responses from guys who are currently working that area, either hauling crude, water or sand. Anyone???

6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Of course you are.. good luck !

7. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL

Whats that mean?

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    may you find what you're looking for.. nothing more nothng less

I too will wait and watch youur thread

9. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I spoke with the manager at Gazelle out of the Paso Robles yard today. I opted to do some legwork and call him directly, rather than talk to a recruiter. We all know what recruiters will say. Anyway, he said they are busy. They just signed a 3-year contract with Chevron in his area. His guys work a 5/2, 5/3 schedule, rotating days and nights every month. I've never heard of rotating days and nights, except for the guys at unloading facilities. Says they typically do 2 loads a day, all LACT units and average $250-$300 a day, depending on where they unload. Paid by the load of course. It sounds typical, but not sure it's enough to make me move.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Let's see.... Ummmm It's in California!

11. aquajosh

aquajosh Bobtail Member

May 26, 2011
    Carrollton, GA
    Hi Haystak, I am also looking for oilfield work in California. Did the Bakersfield job ever work out? Do you have any suggestions. I heard in California it's mandatory overtime if you work over 8 hours in a shift. I guess the question is do they have over 8 hours of work in a day and are they hiring... if anyone has any info please reply. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.