California wants to do away with all diesel vehicles in 20 years

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveScott, Mar 8, 2019.

1. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Because the ice cube in a glass test. Is a completely different test.
    Love your thinking Steve, and you may or may not be correct. What all the bubba bubba is about, is what is man doing to expediate the process. And can the process be slowed down to delay the inevitable destruction of the planet.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Yep.. the VAST majority would either not leave the yard with a early truck or return within moments of hitting the freeway for a few miles.. Truckers like to pretend that they want the "old days" back including everything else.. I remember the old days.. it was a ball.... I had a lot of fun.. but the trucks? LOL!!! I started in old equipment, and I've heard many a driver (who of course probably has never been in one) long for the good old trucks.. I used to laugh at them.. now I just shake my head. I do find it entertaining how many california experts out there.. most of the California hate is just more lock step group think.. hell, most of the drivers crying about California have also probably never been there, but they are ready to dogpile on with their California hate the instant it's mentioned. If Truckers are one single thing.. they are predictable.

4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Not trying to turn this into a political discussion so I'll keep it simple.

The 97% number has been turned into a political point. You have those who agree with it using the phrase as a big ## if you don't believe it. The problem with the methodology used in determining the figure is that isn't isn't easy to verify or easy to disprove.

This article is a good read, and illustrates the problems with the claim. I could present dozens of links claiming outright that the number is wrong, but I doubt it would do much to change your mind.

How to Determine the Scientific Consensus on Global Warming

From the article;

One of the problems with Cook's appeal to authority is this: So far, no one has quantified the consensus among natural scientists on global warming. In fact, it cannot be done easily, said Jon Krosnick, a social psychologist at Stanford University who has been studying communication strategies for decades.

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Nobody knows with absolute certainty if we are really causing an increase in global temps (or if there really is an increase), and nobody can say with absolute certainty if there is anything we can do to slow a process that may or may not be happening. In the meantime, we are all nothing more than pawns in a very big game of chess, and the controversy over man made global warming is used to score political points, and make a select group of people very wealthy.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I don’t take anything for granted, and I’d rather have that K-whopper than what I’m driving now. Not all of us are pantywaists whose lives depend on things like power windows, door locks, and automatic transmissions.

It’s nice to have a reliable machine with few fail points and things to break.

already gone Thanks this.
  7. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    I’m 47 years old and never had any children on purpose. I’m the last of the males in my family name.

I’m going out with a bang baby. I could care less about you people and your kids kids.

Let me know how it works out in 50 years? FEFA7142-DBA4-4BFE-BCB2-54324E4D0F0E.png

8. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Okay 30 years...

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. Scottyotty1

Scottyotty1 Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Well I guess they're going to have a hard time getting their vegetables and fruits out of their fields considering that most of those trucks that do that work out in the field are diesel I guess it could always put the stuff on pack mules because there's no way that a vegetable farm is going to completely convert beat up Farm trucks into natural gas trucks and they #### sure aren't going to go out and spend the money on brand new Natural Gas units they would go broke that's a huge investment for a bunch of field trucks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    KB3MMX, SteveScott and bzinger Thank this.
  10. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    This is a joke, right? Because electricity just comes out of the wires. It boggles my mind how nearsighted people are.

KB3MMX, Eldiablo and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Are these people aware that this isn't new and has been put on historys scrap heap for a reason?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.