Californias finest..

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by D.Tibbitt, Jun 1, 2020.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    You think that matters to some scumbag attorney? Too many trucking co's just pay up to avoid a lawsuit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Companies don’t pay, insurance does. But insurance company will fight it hard because this may lead to a very expensive claim if the guy decides later that his back hurts.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    D.Tibbitt and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Have to agree with getting some representation on your side. Better to be prepared.

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    The part that would make me nervous is the sitting. People like the guy who hit you always know others that are up to no good and may want to retiliate because you messed up one of their homies. I woulda left and got to a safer hiding spot and watch for suspicious vehicles that keep showing up.
    The reason I say this is because years ago I had a guy hit me and 30 mins later 6 vehicles with his friends and family show up for no reason. The guy had no insurance and the plate was 2 years expired and his girl in the car had a warrant so it wasn’t good for him. Cop told me to go and drive a different direction a very long way but to stop for awhile somewhere to see if followed before coming back a different route. He was also spooked by the amount of unnessesary visitors.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Maybe he was late for a protest somewhere?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Bud A., Grumppy, Bakerman and 4 others Thank this.
  7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    So think about it like this...someone tells him "man screw those truckers, they're always hogging the road, go slow and cutting us off. Man if I was you Id be callin a lawyer" Dude thinks about it, realizes his truck is gone, and now he's pretty sore. He calls a lawyer and says "man I was just minding my own business and this big truck just cuts in front of me. I didn't even habe time to hit the brakes". Lawyer spins it as you carelessly changed lanes in front of this poor guy, who now was "on his way to a job interview" because he's broke and out of work. Thats the "only" reason he didnt have current registration or insurance.

Thats how these scumbags work. They villainize the truck driver and make the idiot that crashed into you the innocent "victim".

Lets hope he's too dumb to try any of that, but its better to be prepared.

Bud A., tommymonza, roshea and 3 others Thank this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Wouldnt make sense if i cut him off he wouldve hit me on left side not right side. But i get what ur saying

tommymonza and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  9. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    I hear ya. That actually sounds right out of the ambulance chaser handbook..

When I was 11 & learning to drive, I was taught you hit someone from behind, you are at fault. Not sure if that still holds true today..

Bud A., SmallPackage and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Don’t know about California or the other States but
    Texas is now considered a no fault state so that becomes a 50/50 deal so to speak. They did this because of all the insurance job brake check scams that were going on in Houston about 10 years ago. It depends on what the insurance companies rule in the situation. Hitting someone in the rear in this state now becomes the fault of the person who caused it. You get hit in rear by tailgater or an agressive speeder you are not at fault. You cut someone off or brake check and get hit in rear you are at fault.

D.Tibbitt and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Cameras cameras cameras.

If I go back on the road a front and 2 rear facing cameras shooting from the front fenders are stupid cheap insurance traveling or parked.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.