Called Foodliner, They hire new CDL GRADS !

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by dennisroc, Jul 10, 2019.

1. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Talked with a recruiter from Foodliner and he told me they hire quite a few new grads. I asked him about Lafayette, Indiana terminal and there are jobs there.
    Told him I would be back in the states in December and planning to go to CDL school and he said to contact him when I start school.

Didn't ask too many questions but if anyone on here is familiar with the terminal in Lafayette, Indiana or has any of the latest info on Foodliner in general please share.

Thanks

Dennis

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Ding, ding, ding, I think we have a winner. Foodliner, the tanker yankers been around a long time, must have the "Tootsie Roll " account. I'm not sure what kind of part-time thing they would have, I think they go all over N. America, just be ready for that,,,:evil3:

dennisroc Thanks this.
  4. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    I know one thing I see them all the freaking time

dennisroc Thanks this.
  5. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    What type of trucks do you see ?

6. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Only seen freightliner cascadias some,looks like they’re upgrading to the 2019-2020 models

7. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I am thinking they probably have sleepers ?

8. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    They run a lot of day cabs also. I couldn't tell you anything about their Indiana terminal, but going up and down I-81, you will see a bunch of them near their Winchester, Va terminal. Several day cabs running around up there.

M guess is, it is relative to the account. Hopefully, the OTR guys won't be stuck in a day cab to run all over the country. I know, I know, some guys like sleeping in motels every night. When your company's system is not set up for it and you have to find your own motels, it can be a real pain.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  9. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Seems like I seen something about hotels :(

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some do and some don't. Depends on the terminal's customers.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  11. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I have talked with recruiters at Foodliner and also Carter express and both said they hire recent grads.
    Both sound interesting and 2 days off with maybe some home time during week also.

Foodliner is tanker and 40 miles from my house. Mostly 10 speed ( knee's are almost 66 years old lol ) and I am doing research now as what all is involved in loading / unloading food grade tankers. Sounds interesting but don't know how much time I will be out in the heat / cold. I hate cold weather :(

Carter Express is van and maybe a few reefers and 55 miles from my house and will be home a few days a week for a short time but get 2 off days per week also.
    Trucks are automatic ( easy on the Knee's ) But think I can handle a 10 speed no problem but think an automatic would be my preference.

I hear food tankers are pretty clean and deliver to clean places so you are not wading around in sand/ mud etc.....
    I like the idea of sitting in the heat are air conditioning when weather sucks but I can deal if I have to. Just not sure how long tankers sit or stand outside.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.