Calling in another driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Digman943, May 12, 2018.

1. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    You guys ever call in another driver on the road? I was behind this OD truck and he kept on almost going into the ditch then weaving into the left lane. It was to the point of me flashing the brights trying to wake him up. Don’t know if he was tired or watching a movie but this went on for about 20 miles or so then he pulled off on the shoulder. I was pretty close to calling the police to get this guy off the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselViking

dieselViking Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I've done it. Had a driver in front of me in CT to MA for 13 miles before troopers got to him in MA on 84 east. In that 13 mile period he almost kissed the guard rail 14 times.

I used to work as an EMT, I've been to too many accidents involving T/T units. I have no tolerance for that BS after some of the things I've seen.

I drive T/T myself now due to an injury that keeps me from working as an EMT (than and surprisingly I am making 3x more as a T/T driver, wtf). I've also called in numerous times on 4 wheelers as well. So I don't just pick on trucks:cool:

Digman943 Thanks this.
  4. taodnt

taodnt Light Load Member

May 6, 2017
    North of Green Bay
    Curious, how do you call it in?

911 for local LEO?

The company directly?

5. Digman943

Mar 17, 2016
    Was wondering that too.

6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    They'll switch you to the appropriate call center.

7. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    In ca 911 is a joke. Called to report drunk drivers multiple times in my car and truck and followed for up to almost 30 mins and chp/cops never showed.

Before I was a mother trucker, witnessed a minivan literally side swipe and bounce off a tractor and take off, called 911 followed for 15 mins (explicitly told by 911 operators all times to back off and not follow) cops/ highway patrol never showed.

Now if I see any of that I just mind my own business and make sure I'm not at risk of getting hit

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yeah better to get him off the road before he causes an incident or worse, then you'd have to call the police anyway to get the awful mess cleaned up.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, many times, for many different reasons. sometimes i call the company, sometimes 911, it all depended on the situation at the time.

then to "validate" any call to the company, i send them an email with the same information as the call.

i always send the email to the safety dept. as that is who i try to get when i call the company directly. some (if not many) companies, regard a phone as a crank, but when i valid the call with the email and MY contact information, you should see how fast they take action, over dismissing the phone call.

Blackshack46 and taodnt Thank this.
  10. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Two of us CDL drivers were driving in the shop truck, one lane was closed and speed limit reduced, TT decided to pass at the last second and ran us off the road. The passenger driver called the company, in Cali, they didn't seem to care.

I think we should call in every ####ty CDL driver, they are the ones forcing driver-facing cameras into the cab. The negligence of the megas angers me, they are endangering and killing people and getting away with it.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  11. Digman943

Mar 17, 2016
    Thanks for the reply’s. I feel if that driver didn’t pull off I would of called 911. First time I’ve seen a truck driver driving like that for that amount of time before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.