camera blocking?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Jun 14, 2019.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    after receiving the 'safety message' this morning, been getting alot of those this week. I want to know HOW can you 'block' the camera? Maybe it's only the new International trucks, but only way I can see to 'block' it is just unplugging it...and I know IF I was to do that, I wouldn't hear the end of it. Not going there. The 'tin foil' on the 'devices' was extremely funny! Sure, the 'beeps' get on my nerves, but I have learned on how to 'work' them. I don't have the side ones, although I've heard they drive you nuts! I have noticed, the AWS speed is becoming more and more 'off'. By saying that, I'll be going 64 and says car is doing 60 in front of me. Take off cruise and speed up and they are still way ahead of me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don’t understand what you’re saying. Can you say that in English?

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Sounds to me he's asking how to disable the adaptive cruise control.

The answer is you can't as a company driver.

flood Thanks this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Blob of grease on the sensor maybe.......

Bakerman Thanks this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If the forward sensor for adaptive cruise gets blocked, which I assume will be noted by the truck and if it persists will indict the driver, there is a key combination on my truck that restores the cruise control function even though the automated braking is disabled. You lose the info about how many feet following distance you have and the speed of the vehicle in front of you, but you can restore the basic cruise-control function on my Freightliner. On my truck not only is idle, truck speed, RPMs, etc monitored and recorded but also how long the truck spends "over speed" and out of gear (OOG) or Georgia Overdrive. So I assume if the truck is monitoring that info it most certainly monitors if the Collision Mitigation System (CMS) is blocked or not working.

I don't work for Superior.

ZVar Thanks this.
  7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    well, with all the replies I'm getting, none of you will understand my question then! English, yep, I'm speaking it. French? Well, I certainly seem to be speaking it to you since it def looks like NONE OF YOU even work for Superior, or you'd know EXACTLY what I am talking about! Why are you even on the company thread when you don't work for them? hmmm trolling! lol

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    NO, my question is how are people blocking a camera that is mounted on a windshield that you can't put anything in front of, unless you block it from the outside and have the wipers take off? YES, it IS a part of the adaptive speed control....but I don't understand HOW people are doing it? or WHY?! But, oh well, seems none of you understand exactly what I'm talking about, so no need in saying anything!

9. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
  10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    What?

:dontknow:

11. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Look at the camera where it is attached see if there is a gap at the bottom that's about paper thick if it is get along strip of paper and slide straight up we had Peterbilt 579 that had Lane departure and It me drove you nuts in construction
    I slipped the paper up there during my shift and all of the errors in problems we're going

yankatank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.