Camera's are coming to a truck near you or Yours.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Switches, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Electronics can be programed to do whatever you want.

And does the monitoring company just take it upon themselves to add 'features', and then report and hope for the best outcome?
    Fly by night seems an understatement.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pete379EXHD

Pete379EXHD Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    For the foolish at heart that thinks this is all about safety and that it will be the norm in 2 years then explain why probably THEE most over the top company In regards to safety, yep JB hunt, has said "no cameras in our trucks. Now or ever."
    This is directly from corporate and stated to me personally.
    They are viewed as an invasion of privacy and is counterproductive in terms of trust.
    And no I do not work for Jbhunt! I'm an O/O that's getting out due to the sad state-of-affairs brought on by megas and the fools that drive for them for peanuts and worse yet lease their trucks and are killing this industry with cheap rates and senseless regulations.
    Elogs and cameras will NEVER go in my truck that I bought the right way. With a loan against my house. Time to get out while I can still get top dollar for my Pete.
    To all the L/0s here, I'd rather be a company driver again and I'd be better off as one thanks to fools like you. You are NOT an O/O. But you keep thinking that and making your BOSSES rich while you kill Trucking with your whopping .87/mile.
    I read posts here on all these subjects from all these kids that have taken over this place as well as Trucking without a clue what it's all about and it just makes me sick. The days of proud to be a truck driver are gone. Taken over by steering wheel holders and sheep. Cameras are just another issue brought on by this tragedy.

4. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana

Nope swift or whom ever has a contract with them decides what cameras do or do not. But this will be my last post on this you seem just a tad to hostile. Good luck and God bless swiftys

5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Wow.

All of that in a Swift forum, and you only mention JBH?

And your very first post at that, even with all of your experience as a trucker.

6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I don't see how my response was hostile.

But I do wonder why you are so wishy washy when you say one thing and then another about how these things operate.
    First you say that the company can change things but not Swift, and now it is the company working for Swift and does as Swift says?

7. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Nope not at all I guess you referring to this

"And they can do a few other things too like have it go off at a certain time for 20 seconds. NotSwift but the company can do that."

Which is 100% True a dm or fm or safety can't
    But meh whatever good night and keep it in between the ditches.

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Not at all, but they do this and a few other things.

But meh whatever.

Great way to clear up your way of thinking.

9. Pete379EXHD

Apr 16, 2016
    This from a swift lifer. And cheerleader at that.
    With such low aspirations I suppose it's hard to be disappointed tho.

10. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Moose is not Swift lifter or Swift cheerleader he calls it how he sees it. I think that term gets thrown around a bit too much. But you're entitled to your opinion. Honestly Swift is not really a bad company granted they got there things that will piss you off from time to time.

I was with them for 10 years and probably would have still be there if if it wasn't for the driving facing cameras. That's something that I won't tolerate so I quit.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  11. Pete379EXHD

Apr 16, 2016
    I wanted know what awards they refer to on their trucks/trailers. Also best in what class?

Best in class/award winning drivers?

Goes to show you can say anything you want on your trucks I guess. Even if it's an outright bs line.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.