Can A Truck Access Our Company Property?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by tjec2002, Oct 25, 2020.

1. tjec2002

tjec2002 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Hi All,
    We are considering purchasing the building at 5313 Robert Ave Cincinnati but we aren't sure a full size flatbed or van body (53') can access.
    Dimensions attached.
    Thanks in advance for your time.
    Ty

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Looks like it would be rather difficult to back into that single dock with cars parked directly across from it. Screenshot_20201025-195634_Maps.jpg

tjec2002 Thanks this.
  4. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    A box truck sure but I don't know if you can accomodate a 53 foot trailer and rig. What's the measurement from the dock to across the street?

tjec2002 Thanks this.
  5. tjec2002

tjec2002 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Thanks @JonJon78 for the thoughts. Sorry I didn't get my attachment in the original.
    There is a main dock door at the front of the building. The two options we see to access are to use the residential area intersection about half a block away for turning around then backing up or paving over the front grassy part.
    Picture4.png

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Having trucks needing to get flipped around anywhere near where this building is located will be a nightmare, paving over the grass would be the only option IMO... This is all residential... Screenshot_20201025-201746_Maps.jpg

D.Tibbitt and tjec2002 Thank this.
  7. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    I will give you my unvarnished opinion: Hell No! #### you! Forget it! Are you friggin nuts? With a 53' trailer??? Places like this were built by really, really smart guys with no sense. But they made a fortune doing it, and moved on.

It might be zoned for Light Industrial, but its not built for truck traffic. After awhile, someone living in those 5 blocks is gonna show up with a lawyer and stop trucks from coming in.

What you didn't mention is that this building is 5 blocks back in a residential area, on a little street, and no where to turn around.

This is the kind of place drivers say "never again", or else they just tore the hell out of something getting in or out. Like the neighbors lawn, or his Blessed Mary statuary, or his cherry 1965 Cadillac parked down the street.

Forget the idea of a truck with a 53' turning around a block or two away, then backing down the street and then bending it around that building extension to get on that sorry excuse of a dock.

Yes, it can be done, and I could do it, but WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH SHOULD I HAVE TO? Spend a little more than $14 a foot and find a real place with a real dock.

Here's an idea: Call your local XPO less-than-truckload place and ask them if after you paved the entire front area, if they would deliver to this place pulling a daycab and a 28' trailer. If they say "sorry, no.", then keep looking for more suitable quarters.

D.Tibbitt, tjec2002 and alds Thank this.
  8. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    I know a lot of drivers that can unhappily access that...and seen a bunch that will tear the hell out of everything getting there and never touch the dock. Look for something truck friendly, that’s not it.

D.Tibbitt and tjec2002 Thank this.
  9. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Absolutely.

Someone is gonna play the "what about the children?" card, and activists will be parachuting in to post NO TRUCKS signs.

Keep looking.

tjec2002 Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s the big problem I see, nowhere to turn around.

There’s nowhere near enough room behind the building he wants with the other building there to turn around with a 53’ trailer.

homeskillet and tjec2002 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.