Can a trucker safely have Lap Band surgery?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by YvonneS, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Not sure where you get your info from but carbs don't build muscle..only protein does. Protein are the building blocks of muscle and building the body. But eating excess protein will be stored as fat and protein is a secondary source of energy. You really don't need a lot of carbs to function. As you look around any truck stop and see so many obese people, it's the excess carbs that makes them that way. That is why we have a obese and type 2 diabetes epidemic. As a population we eat WAY too many carbs/sugar. But many folks just can't kick their habits. And they all think that eating fat will make them fat. And that is one of the biggest myths out there. Low carb diets are the way to go but not with excessive amounts of protein. Eating healthy fats will temper hunger pangs and make you take in less calories and boost metabolism.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BACON XXL

BACON XXL Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Highland Co. Ohio
    I have the band for eight years now. I really regret the decision to have it done. I am down over 100 pounds but there are so many issues with it, most places will not do Lap band anymore. Look into the VSG procedure. Way more success and a lot less problems.

4. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    My story was the opposite. I got up to 180 by 2 years after high school. I got a job at the beach, and parking was awful! So I rode my bike the five miles. Because of the speed limit, and short blocks, I could race cars. I lost 30 lbs in 30 days with no change in diet.

AModelCat and daf105paccar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.