Can any state pull your CDL for dui from 15yr before you got your CDL? They just did!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by carptransport, Jul 23, 2020.

can you get a cdl with 2 prior duis, over 10 years old..

1. yes

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Find a non-cdl driving job. The money won't be good, but if you need an income, maybe will work for you.

Matt1924 and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Maybe a job making OJ.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  4. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Contact a Massachusetts lawyer who works handling dui cases. They should be familiar with Massachusetts dmv and know how to get your cdl revocation reversed.

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Man that sucks. Well you never said if you were relocating there from Florida but if you are that is a mighty fine “welcome”. They gave you felony rap on your past when FLA forgave you for it. That’s BullenscheiBe!

6. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Sounds like a screwed up deal. Here is a long shot you could try.
    This is the link to check to see if your Florida license is valid.
    Driver License Check

If you are very, very, lucky and it says it's valid, may I suggest scanning your medical card and emailing it to Florida DMV. Good luck.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I was under the impression the DUI's were cdl to which he didn't have a cdl at the time.

I'd have to get my lifetime mvr to see what it says. I've had 3. Only 1 legitimate.

Matt1924 Thanks this.
  8. carptransport

carptransport Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL

please read the post before calling me out, i know exactly what the offenses are. 2 DUI both received 10 years before getting my CDL in Florida on my FL class E drivers licence, (only disqualifying if i had a CDL before or during the DUI)
    the issue is Mass says they are disqualifying offenses, Florida say they are not, FMSCA says they could care less its on the state,
    i have retained a lawyer already but that are not having hearings (mass appeals court)due to covid 19, which mean i now sit at home with no income and huge accounts payable obligations...

9. carptransport

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL

thanks that was my first stop.... take a look at the results and try tell me what my licence status actual is?

As of Jul 24, 2020, at 2:56 PM driver license number XXXXXXXXXXXXX is currently CANCELED, SUSPENDED, REVOKED, DISQUALIFIED, OR WITHDRAWAL. This is a result of the following infractions shown on your driving record. Please note that this is not an official driving record. For information on how to obtain an official driving record, click here. All information provided is based on what we have received from courts and law enforcement agencies. Review all items and requirements listed below before paying reinstatement fees. This license is a Class A. Restrictions are A15. Endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD). Motorcycle endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD).

You are not eligible for Driving School Election. Information regarding Driving School Election can be found at the HSMV Home Page – Driver License – Driving Courses.

Your Personal Information in Florida motor vehicle and driver records is blocked
    in accordance with the Driver Privacy Protection Act

Your Social Security Number has been verified. Thank you.

Suspensions, Revocations, Cancellations, Disqualifications
    Description
    Effective Date Type County/State Case Number Status
    Click Here for information to resolve these and other actions.
    TWO OR MORE MAJOR OFFENSES 3/16/2020 WITHDRAWAL MA - EFFECTIVE

Would you like to look up another record?

10. carptransport

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL

no the DUI were actually 2000 and 2006 in fl on fl drivers licence, regular not CDL

11. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    a Kafka-esque dystopian nightmare imo

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.