Can any state pull your CDL for dui from 15yr before you got your CDL? They just did!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by carptransport, Jul 23, 2020.

can you get a cdl with 2 prior duis, over 10 years old..

1. yes

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @carptransport
    1)
    This is a bit confusing. You don't go to Massachusetts, but you lived there from 1978 - 1999, which is 22 years residence.
    2) Please CLARIFY.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    SADLY & UNFORTUNATELY, a lot of people are going to be SERIOUSLY EFFECTED with the updates in the databases.
    1) People could end up losing their jobs due to these updates.
    2) Potentially, some people could end up getting arrested, convicted, and sent to prison due to these updates, HOPEFULLY NOT.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

4. carptransport

carptransport Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    ok let me clear this up for you guys, with the full story...

DL history--
    MA 94/95-99
    FL 99-09
    MA 09-11
    FL 11-2019
    CDL FL JAN 2019-present

2 major offenses Mass RMV has disqualified me for
    June 2000 DUI Stuart, FL on FL class E (standard DL)
    late 2006 DUI Stuart, FL on FL class E (standard DL)

Born and raised in Western Mass, moved to FL in 1999.
    changed licence plates and DL over to FL in 1999
    2000 dui, --1 year loss licence, hardship licence granted, fines, probation, ect all paid on-time

2006 dui/refusal to breath test -- 2 years loss licence, fines prob, breathalyzer in car, all satisfied and paid on time..

then i cleaned my act up, no other traffic violations,

moved back to MA from 09-11 to help with family issues got MA DL
    moved back to FL 2011 got FL DL

2018 started researching trucking, called and emailed, FL DMV, FL DOT, FMSCA, and
    every other resource i could find to be sure i wasnt ineligible before jumping into trucking.

Got my CDL in Jan 2019 in FL.
    quit my job, re mortaged my house, cleaned out my savings and bought a truck, trailer and insurance got my own MC
    started my own company, been running strong till covid beat me up, survived covid and went back to work!!!

July 2020 went to FL DMV with new Medical card for CDL, and was informed that MA has put a withdrawal
    on my FL CDL????(see attachment)

7-24- 2020 called MA RMV, referred to suspensions dept, and spoke with XXXXXXX about the issues.
    she claims that these 2 offenses prevent me ever having a CDL, anywhere!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so i called a good dui lawyer in mass..heres what he told me.....

mass state law allows them to disqualify anyone with a CDL, with a regular drivers licence or without a licence guilty of 2 or more DUI or even refusals to blow, to be banned for life.... but after 10 years from the last offense the appeals court has the ability to overturn, for a fee..... if they wish....

Massachusetts has no right/jurisdiction over my licence in florida,
    they should have never put the sanction/disqualification on my record.......

the reason they have access to my record is for historical purposes only since i moved back and forth pre 2011.....
    he says mass is doing this on purpose due to heavy pressure on them for missing a cdl driver last year that had multiple duis and ran down a group of bikers in new hampshire last year,
    mass f'd up and now they are scrambling to nail anyone with a DUI on their record... he said they are purposely not giving judgments to CDL related case due to political pressure and fear, i am not the 1st case to call him about this recently,

so its pure politics and overreach by the state.......and yes i am probably going to go broke before i can get an answer

5. carptransport

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    no single driver operation, im screwed

6. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Hire a driver temporarily?

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Great Googally Moogally! Sounds like you are getting railroaded as a scapegoat.
    Man I wish you luck and hope that it works out. As long as you can keep a regular driver license you can be a one truck owner. Find a driver that can make runs for you. Maybe this will be the beginning of you being the bossman owner of a future fleet.
    Stay positive. Right.

ZVar Thanks this.
  8. carptransport

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    yea thanks that sounds great, but i dont know anyone i can trust with a cdl to put in my truck and trailer and i would have to add them to the insurance correct?

9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    So has FL issued you a class d regular dl ...?

10. carptransport

Dec 11, 2018
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    no i have not inquired about that yet, i dont want to turn in my cdl and have to retest for my cdl again if i can get this fixed... as of right now this is the status of my fl class A....

As of Jul 24, 2020, at 10:01 PM driver license number Cxxxxxxxxxxxx is currently CANCELED, SUSPENDED, REVOKED, DISQUALIFIED, OR WITHDRAWAL. This is a result of the following infractions shown on your driving record. Please note that this is not an official driving record. For information on how to obtain an official driving record, click here. All information provided is based on what we have received from courts and law enforcement agencies. Review all items and requirements listed below before paying reinstatement fees. This license is a Class A. Endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD). Motorcycle endorsements are (NONE ON RECORD).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.