Can anyone from UPS explain pay?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BillyBobFrank, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Another possibility is one location has long term drivers aka expensive and another location has almost no drivers . So hire new aka cheaper drivers and do the deliveries the opposite direction. This way they get a 5 to 15 dollar per hour savings for the next 3 or 4 years..

4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    I believe the drivers/doubles, make over $150K a year, and buster brown package local delivery guys make a killing also.

snowlauncher and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  5. High Stepper

High Stepper Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    On the flip side is that Fedex doesn't have to deliver that freight in downtown Chicago. And they don't have to deliver it to a union building. Sounds like a win-win to me.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  6. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    also win , win to us UNION DRIVERS, I just pulled my pension last Friday, and it is awesome, i worked very hard for all these years to get it, and the pay off is GREAT. UPS is our main delivery for 705 Pension buildings. also USPS, delivers there.

LtlAnonymous and Magoo1968 Thank this.
  7. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    A cousin of mine just retired from Buster Brown, pulled doubles since 1984.
    I’m sure he has a sweet retirement package.

Wargames and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Sorry, just saw this. Life got in the way. Lol

Let's see...$44.30 is the current single trailer hourly top rate, $44.80 is the doubles rate. Mileage top rate is 1.014 single, 1.036 doubles.

To start, it's $23 an hour and 63.7 cpm unless your local area is covered by an MRA based on hiring needs (the company will pay drivers in high-demand areas more money to attract talent, basically).

Banker Thanks this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    So the company is currently rightsizing, which is a happy euphemism for downsizing. During the pandemic, we grew a great deal. And now we find ourselves back to pre-pandemic levels of volume, which means that a lot of support staff and management jobs are being cut.

In my local area, we are currently hiring drivers. That said, at certain local terminals, life on the bottom of the board is...ROUGH. If you have some savings, and you are comfortable putting life on hold a couple/few years, UPS is still viable.

But I sure wouldn't want to be on the bottom of some of the local boards. That's... It's rough. There's no sugar coating it.

But long-term? UPS is still the place to be for a lot of us.

Banker Thanks this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    BS? Man, this is the easiest job I've ever had. I show up, I work as directed, and they dump money into my wallet.

I heard all the horror stories before I came here, and it had nothing to do with reality.

11. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Lol going to Jeff St. isn't hard. You go right on Roosevelt, right on Jefferson Street, and you're done.

Now...working in the Jeff St. yard isn't always sunshine and daisies, but hey. Work safely, get paid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.