Can Anyone Recommend a Responsive Recruiter?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Newb2019, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Newb2019

Newb2019 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    I still have unanswered questions.

I was working with one but she fell off the face of the earth and has not responded to my questions via email. Unfortunately I applied through the link she sent me so she is assigned as my recruiter. I'd like to switch.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Could be, she did fall off the face of the earth. Mine did. Up and quit without so much as a goodbye.

If you have questions, call. That’s how I found out mine had quit. And all those applications were safely locked away in her email. And no one could access it.

Just a side note. If she hasn’t died. What does this tell you about how you will be treated once you’ve been hired?

I’m guessing a lot. Based on my past experience.

Opus and Newb2019 Thank this.
  4. Newb2019

Newb2019 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Thank you! Hopefully there is a good reason for the lack of communication.

I was really trying to go with this company because they have very small class sizes, automatic trucks after training, and a decent starting pay.

I was just hoping that this was a slight bump in the road since I've heard pretty good things about this company.

I will give them a call Monday and see what's going on. I was trying to make the May training class in Ga.

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Training? As in CDL training?

If so, the lack of response could be directly linked to that. Classes could be full for months. So you would be a low priority hire at this moment.

Also, you’re saying May. That’s a long way off. Also a low priority. You’ll be hard pressed to find any recruiters willing to spend a lot of time with you.

You’re more likely to get your questions answered within this forum.

Newb2019 Thanks this.
  6. Newb2019

Newb2019 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Yes, CDL-A training. I was told classes start once a month so I think the earliest I could start is in May. I could've possibly started next month but never received a response on when the April class starts.

I have a job now and want enough time to put in notice once I reserve a seat.

Also, if the classes fill up that fast I'd like to hold a seat for the next available class, whether it's for May or for September.

7. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Call and ask for Peggi. She will take care of you. Ex driver and wont bs you

8. Newb2019

Newb2019 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Thank you! I'll ask for her when I call.

9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Were you able to contact Peggi?

10. Newb2019

Newb2019 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Funny enough, when I called the 1-800 number on the website my recruiter answered. She said she never received my email to our questions and that she sent me feedback on my application and I never replied. I never received this. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt but it is very odd.

Anyway, May class is full. I am trying to start training June 3rd.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    Can Anyone Recommend a Responsive Recruiter?

that's like trying to find a woman that never has a headache, and likes to do things you like to do...not that ballet stuff or stage plays, or clothes shopping, or wanting to cuddle......

totally impossible

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.