Can anyone tell me if FREIGHTBROKERBOOTCAMP is a scam or is it legit?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Barryd, Jun 30, 2013.

1. allstarcalif

allstarcalif Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    @BDS4206:
    When you say barely enough to make a decent living, you at least did earn money? Can we get a ball park (if you don;t want to disclose) just so I have an idea?
    Thanks...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bds4206

bds4206 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah dude they paid me lol. I started at $500 wk flat and was raised to $600 wk as a sub agent. There are job boards out there for guys that are looking for jobs in transportation. Try those boards or maybe find a brokerage office nearby and see if they need any help? When I got my job as a sub agent I was just looking for a job. I was brand new to freight brokering.

4. mccul

mccul Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Freight brokers bootcamp is a real company,run by a man named Dennis Brown.He started a Logistics company (freight broker) and has become the owner of a multimillion dollar company,LDI logistics.I took his classes at a very reasonable rate after leaving OTR trucking.Worth every penny, no scam, but be realistic with the 75,000 bond not many are becoming brokers, but you can make a large salary as an Agent for a broker or work for a company.Develop a business book.Look up the company, LDI Buffalo NY.They are on youtube also.

MissYvonnesTransport Thanks this.
  5. YukonCornelius Ag Au

YukonCornelius Ag Au Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    I personally dont think he is a scam artist. Some trainers are scamers. I dont know this person but i did pay the 98 bucks for the information he offered. Whether he answers my questions or not dont really concern me as much as wether his information is valuable to me and my business. It is hard to get an agent job with no experience so I have chosen to create my own job and get my own experience. A major reason I have no problem giving him my money is that one of the load boards did a case study on him and Ive watched a lot of his training videos on line on youtube. I suggest that people find a way to succeed instead of wallowing in difficulty and pointing fingers and shouting accusations about people. Like I said I dont know him never met him but I see where he started where I am at now, I know a whole lot of nothing about this business, but god gave me a brain and I intend to use it to learn about through any means necessary because there is an ### load of money to be made doing this job. If you want to learn with me get at me.

6. eyeswideopen

eyeswideopen Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I am also new at this I have paid the $98 but I feel that I need to learn more before opening my company
    I already have a multi million dollar company as a client as soon as I get my company rolling but I don't want to make any mistakes any help would be appreciated are there good programs out there I can learn of

7. consolidated_logistics

consolidated_logistics Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    @ BigBadBill, you might know something that I don't, but there are no experience requirements (unfortunately) as of yet with FMCSA Broker Authority... yet I've seen a lot of that posted here and elsewhere. I don't know if this is a common misconception in the industry, something that USDOT considered and just didn't implement, or wishful thinking from those that recognize the need for experience and/or formal education. Out of curiosity, where is this coming from?

Also, a little off topic from the O/P, but what do you think it would take to convince FMCSA that experience should be a requirement?
    -Chris

8. consolidated_logistics

consolidated_logistics Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    And, @ O/P, most of these (notice I said MOST) are "scams," in that they will not really teach you how to be successful. Law school will teach you law, but drafting an effective oral argument takes skill...

If you really wan an education, look for a company that offers training as an agent or in-house rep. That way, you're getting paid to learn, and you're applying the technical knowledge to practical skills.

-Chris

MissYvonnesTransport Thanks this.
  9. YukonCornelius Ag Au

Jun 26, 2014
    I do not know anything about the business and have learned a lot froom different forums such as this. I assure you that good information is not free. You can go to the TIA web site to get info about brokering. The basic way to describe this is that you need to find a shipper who needs something sent and a carrier who needs a load. Use a load board to find a truck until u get a database built for carriers. If you dont have cash to pay carrier you will need a factoring company to provide some cash flow. They take a little cash for the service. Your broker bond is no big deal. There are companies in the business of selling policies and they will find one for you wether you have experience or not. I have zero experience besides driving a straight truck ten years ago. I have everything I need to get started just waiting for MC. To be activated. Need customers and agents to get big. LDI started the same way, not knowing anything, and has grown to doing millions a year in volume. Dpnt let these clowns tell you its harder to get in than it is. Dont worry about making mistakes either because wether you are new or a veteran you can make a mistake. Just learn from it and move on. Good luck to you all. If you need any advice. Hit me up.

10. YukonCornelius Ag Au

Jun 26, 2014
    You can work with mlm logistics, llc. They r a new firm who will help you get going. If u have business lined up then dont let the fear of making a mistake hold u back from going to work. Let me know if you want their number they are out of myrtle beach sc.

11. Glennus

Glennus Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I've worked for freight companies, doing mostly LTL booking and some inside sales to airline handling customers for years. I decided to finally bite the bullet, and try freight broker boot camp. There's a lot of information that I already knew, but this only confirms the program is going to teach things a beginner needs to know. for an extra 80 or 90 bux, he gives you access to his database of industrial cold call targets and a carrier list. Most of this is made obsolete by a few websites out there as well as the carrier options on most decent load boards.

My only real complaint with the program is that his formula for figuring out fuel surcharge and the rates he assumes you're paying carriers is VERY, VERY dated. His instructional videos (some of them) were made in 2006, and I don't know a lot of drivers doing loads for that low of a per mile that he talks about. At first I thought he was low balling to make it seem like brokering is a glamorous, profit-filled profession. Then I saw the copyright and the "updated as of march 2006" note on the load board they were on in the video.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.