Can CBD gummies cause someone to fail a DOT Physical?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by expedite_it, Sep 15, 2023.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Did you sign him out for having an unsafe vehicle?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I used to think that too, that it was not physically addictive, only psychologically addictive. But then I learned that heavy cannabis users experience withdrawals when they quit, so that makes me think there must be a physical component to it as well.

Cannabis use disorder - Wikipedia

tscottme, gentleroger and Numb Thank this.
  4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    sounds like anxiety attacks, same as a someone leaving their phone home for the day.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    A person can become dependant on any foreign substance. Take laxatives too frequently and your body "forgets" how to poop. Some substances have greater risks, I'd love to have more longitudinal studies on pot usage, but until the last decade, getting funding and recruiting a cohort was problematic.

Numb and RockinChair Thank this.
  6. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    They put legal here in canada, our company has strongly advised against using them as they may cause a fail on a drug test. As has been said many times, no guarantee on the level between products.

7. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    You have to be more vigilant than ever before right now with regards to marijuana. It is literally everywhere and I mean everywhere. Everybody and their cousins dog are using it and using it in multiple forms including oils, drops, vaping, smoking, edibles, it’s literally everywhere and can be slipped to you with the greatest of ease without your knowledge. Hence, ending your trucking career. I personally don’t like weed, would never smoke it or ingest it, but if they’re still going to continue to make this a disqualifying drug, then they really need to rethink how they evaluate it.

They put this stuff in massage oils and everything else now. It’s gotten absolutely ridiculous. Be careful out there because it can cost you your entire trucking career.

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The article listed anxiety as one of the withdrawal symptoms.

Last Call and Numb Thank this.
  9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Nah

not my concern .

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I've had to turn around and come home to grab my phone.

I'd leave it but the boss panics when he doesn't know where your at as we reported after every load what the level was.

Plus. You're always breaking down.

I no longer work there so I could leave it home now. Sort of. Still gotta worry about breakdown. Which don't happen much now.

Numb Thanks this.
  11. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Daughter's puppy was acting real funny, went to vet who said he's stoned. He must have snarfed up a roach while being walked in their townhouse complex.

It is everywhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.