Can CBD gummies cause someone to fail a DOT Physical?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by expedite_it, Sep 15, 2023.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Nah man, the cat slipped him something trying to get the puppy kicked out for being a druggie.

wis bang Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If you insist on playing at the very, very, very edge of the law don't whine when you fall over the line by accident. Nobody's perfect so don't play within 1/64 of an inch traffic. What is the OP going to do when the company making/selling CBD gummies lets one or more products slip through their "quality control" and he fails a drug test? Is he going to find a lawyer that will sue and win lots of money from a company that has no assets? Is winning that lawsuit going to erase that failed drug test from his record and get him a job at a high quality company?

Make decisions like the consequences are important, ESPECIALLY if you are EVER going to cry about fairness. Smart people don't play within 1/64 of an inch of traffic. Dumb people do a lot of things then blame someone else.

4. TNSnowman

TNSnowman Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2022
    I’m thinking with the excellence we have in Congress, they will start requiring hoodies, shorts and flip flops! And soon the smoking dope will be ok just so we’re not offending anyone! Tell me I’m wrong! Glad I’m retired!

Last Call and tscottme Thank this.
  5. tscottme

I'm glad I'm retired also. Every bad thing will become mandatory.

6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    You forgot the pink and purple dyed hair and aviator glasses

7. Trucker Support

Trucker Support Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2023
    I believe the answer is yes. A driver I was in touch with mentioned she uses CBD lotion for her arthritis and it caused her to fail a drug test. You should be careful. I recommend switching to melatonin on magnesium glycinate if you use those gummies for anxiety/sleeping issues

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    you know that’s all we need is people high driving a truck that’s not good ha ha ha

tscottme Thanks this.
  9. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    No matter your view on Mary Jane products, the Deep State says we cannot even think about it. So stay away from it. You will lose. I read a story from some poor soul who took CBD products, or whatever, and asked the the tweaker clerk behind the counter if he was going to pass a drug test and the clerk said yes. Well he got tested a bit later by his company and failed. I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but if your are so spectacularly retarded to take such important advice from a teenage druggy slacker, you don't need a CDL.

RockinChair and tscottme Thank this.
  10. tscottme

CBDs probably never can get anyone high, but they COULD have just enough THC to cause you to fail a drug screen.
    EVERYONE getting a CDL will be drug screened. Make decisions like the consequences are important. Failing the drug screen because of CBDs won't go away and nobody is going to erase it NO MATTER WHAT STORY you tell them. Fail or don't fail.

FearTheCorn and loudtom Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.