Can I bring my Great Dane dog with me?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by crazybread, Dec 26, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

There is no FMCSA on pets in trucks.

NightWind and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Regardless it's small truck.

Dave_in_AZ, bzinger and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I have a 150lb Dane. I can’t inagine she would like or be comfortable in a truck all day.
    Lock yours in the closet for 10 hours and see how that goes.
    Should provide your answer...

bzinger and Jazz1 Thank this.
  5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    That does not work because if you locked dog in closet he would be thrilled to see you. Now on the other hand lock OP in closet for 10 hours and check his demeanour when you fling the door open:)

BB203, tucker, Dave_in_AZ and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Trained. Unbelievably intelligent. Lot's of people thought I was a cop when I'd walk them lol.
    I got them when I lived in the upper ghetto in Vallejo,CA. I was one of two white people in about a 5 square mile area.
    Never had a problem really, I was very active in the community, and fairly well known.
    They would sit in the doorway of the front door with the door open.
    The junior thugs would bebop down the street, you could here them coming, and suddenly you'd hear "OMFG LOOK AT THAT"!!!!!!
    ROFLMFAO

The dogs would never even let out a sound.

My hold you at bay word was "Viscous".
    They'd go from giant puppy dogs, to ready to F someone up in the blink of an eye lol.

But yea, they ate my house. I came home from work one day and it looked like it had snowed in the back yard.
    I'm going wtf?
    Go inside, they had eaten the couch down to the wood, and part of the wood for that matter.

Later that night, I'm sitting in my chair, Max walks in with a piece of stuffing from out back, and sits down in front of me.

I go " Max have you lost your mind."

He lays down. Drops the stuffing. Criss crosses his paws over it, then lays his head on his paws.

Just one of many "whoa" moments.

tucker Thanks this.
  8. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Great Danes are great in a truck. They are as was stated a couch potato. When i first started driving in the early ‘00’s mine went with me all the time, she loved the truck. I remember a few times when i hadn’t taken her for a while, i would be loading the truck up and she’d jump in and stare at me. She would not budge untill her food, bowls, & leash were in the truck! She was stubborn like that.

That dog had an absolute blast riding in the truck. Danes are by nature people persons, they love to meet people, love a fuss being made over them. She had the funniest look for people who that would walk by her without stopping & petting her. It was like she just wanted to know what their problem was, why don’t they stop & say hi?

Now i was lucky the 2 trucks i had with here were a 387 Pete and a 780 Volvo. So she always had plenty of room in the truck.

I take my dane out now, but only for day trips as i now drive a 379 with a 36” bunk. I pulled the passenger seat. So she has plenty of room....just nowhere to sleep! (Ain’t sharing that bed with her)

My rule was simple. I get out, she gets out. So if i fuel, i pull round back & park to walk her. I pee, i walk her. Every time i got out, i would then take her out.

Imo take your pup on a short run and make sure it likes the truck. One day and you’ll know the answer.

LBZ, TallJoe and tucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.