Can I get a local job with only two months experience.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by C.S.T, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    This is America, my friend. You can do whatever you set your mind to!
    Start small, as in a local dump truck, or maybe a roll off trash container.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    without any doubt, trucking and all of its various forms is NOT a one size fits all career/profession. lots of different things to choose from. get bored with one, move on to something else. one thing i can say about being a driver, there sure is variety.

4. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    What motivate to stay and finish the contract is the money. I never made this much money in a long time unless I put in whole lotta hours as a slave when I was working at a factory. I just work five days and bring home $900. Sometime I get home sick and just wanna be home

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    $900.00 take home is good money; hang in there.

misterG, Lonesome and C.S.T Thank this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    You've only been there 2 months ... Check around, Werner may have a local/regional gig in your area.

C.S.T Thanks this.
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Ahh ... Come on now. This TTR, drivers here don't get out of bed for less than 2k a week.

C.S.T and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Werner has many dedicated runs. Find one that will get you home often and finish the contract.
    If you brake your contract they will send you to collections and ding your credit. The collection agency may or may not take you to court, if they do they will get a judgment against you.
    Depending on the state you live in they will garnish your wages and put a lean on your house. With collection on your credit report you will not be able to buy a house or even refinance.
    If you decide to go that route the most debtor friendly states are TX, FL and NC.
    So hang in there only 16 months left and you can always save and buy your contract.

C.S.T Thanks this.
  9. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I agree.

You will have to sacrifice for awhile, but give it enough time, and you will eventually end up where you want to be. In the meantime, you may end up having to take one or two less-than-desireable jobs just to get the paycheck and the experience. That's what I did. I had 3 jobs in a 1 1/2 year span before I landed my 4th job, where I stayed for 18 years. It was tough, but for me it was better than being on the road.

C.S.T Thanks this.
  10. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    I stop being a cry baby and just enjoy what I do. Thank you guys

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.