Can I vent just for a minute.........

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by femalecdla, Jun 26, 2020.

1. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    This is true. And. I doubt that I am one who does. What I was reffering to was a semi idea of amount. A lot pf people say money or revenue. Or even yearly figures. There is how ever a lot of talk on expensies, But rarely is the weekly broke down.
    So I was greatfull

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    First, you do what ever you need to do to support you and your family. If you get a loan, the interest rate is extremely low. On this forum, you will get a LOT of good information. There are members here who will go out of their way to help. But there are many who, are company drivers and don't have a clue about business. It's not an insult to company drivers its just a fact. Do what ever you need to do to keep your business afloat and hang in there the best you can. Good luck!

4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I totally understand. Wish I knew that info 10 yrs ago myself. Ask me anything thing anytime bro. I’m pretty much an open book for the most part.

That $5000 thing is key btw. Of course people can do $4500, maybe even $4000. But, I didn’t start making any kind of real money until I was at $5000 or higher per week. When you factor in everything including depreciation / truck replacement and repairs. You better be getting money.

Of course this is talking about 100% independent with own trailer. If you are in that category and taking less then $5000 per week, you are making it harder for the rest of us. I have big overhead costs. Seeing money come in, only to just go out is no interest to me.

feldsforever Thanks this.
  5. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Thats knowledge right there thank you. Im gonna do the lease on thing first.if I can make it there then I will work up to the full o/o. Couple personal finace obstacles I gotta get thru. Like playing the lottery.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.