can i win a rebuttal on DAC report?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scuba, Jan 18, 2007.

1. scuba

scuba Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2007
    i went though an company orientation 7 mo.'s ago but i chose to work for another company after orientation was over. so the day i was leaving me and an orientation buddy went to applebee's to eat and grab a couple of beers. apparently some ####### that works for the company saw us and snitched and now its on my DAC report and i'm gettin' screwed in the hiring process at other places. i got hired on another company a couple of weeks after the orientation so i guess it wasn't on my DAC yet. but it is now. is a rebuttal to DAC the only thing i can do? all this for a couple of lousy beers at applebee's.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I'm far from an expert on handling things on ur DAC (USIS) report, however, this case seems to hold no water. Most companies don't even list you as an employee until you've completed the orientation and been assigned a truck and a load. What exactly is listed on your DAC that describes this incident? Surely it doesn't say "Driver was seen sittin' at Applebee's having some beer."

4. scuba

scuba Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2007
    that's a good question and i'm not sure what it says exactly but i can tell you what happened. when we got back to the hotel they had a "company guy" there and he caught up with us and asked us if we were at applebees drinking. and i said yes. and with a bus ticket in hand also said i wasn't taking the job and he said, in effect-"ok". but i think they fired the other guy i'm not sure don't have his number. i did finish the orientation so i'm not sure what that means. i talked to the company when i found out about the "yes" on my report (by applying for a new job no less) and they said that you can't drink in the rooms-and i understand that, so even tho i was going home that day, i wasn't checked out of the room yet and since they pay for the rooms it was considered "company property"and that breaks their rules too. so basically you can't drink period, not even out of the hotel. but if you do- don't go back to hotel. (i went to another orientation where that didn't give a ####). regardless, i've never even drove for these people. this seems excessive. this report is gonna be on there for 3 yrs. i gotta fight this somehow.

5. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Well, this appears to be a case of a disgruntled employer. They were upset that you didn't want to work for them, and since you conveniently broke a "company policy", or rather an orientation policy, they're now gonna hold this over your head. I'd seek the advice of an attorney if I were you. Search for one who is knowledgeable of USIS (DAC) and take advantage of his/her free consultation. I think you have a case, but as I mentioned, I'm far from an expert.

6. lil daddy

lil daddy Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2007
    If this ever becomes an issue with a perspective employer, explain to them exactly what happened. As long as there is no pattern of incidents involving alcohol it should'nt be a problem. Show me where it's wrong to have a few beers with lunch. After all you were not driving or in the hotel room so no rules were broken. Good luck.

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Scarecrow called it. You need to get an attorney and sic him on this company. What you do at a restaurant is none of this company's business. It's a privacy thing, and you have the right to privacy.

What is the name of this POS company anyway?

8. scuba

scuba Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2007
    thanks for the info everybody. i'll keep us posted. wish me luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.