Can sheriff look beyond 34hr reset?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Schmeats, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    I get it, but at the end of the day we shouldn’t have to play a game with our Liberties. “Just pacify them and do what they demand as ordered by the state, no matter how unconstitutional it is…and just obey” is why we are in the horrid state of affairs we’re in.

I’d much rather the private production of roads and the economization and competition it brings along with it. That and the private production of policing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

Theres a time and place for agorism, but it most certainly is NOT the time for it when you are alone and up against the supposed "rightful authority"

The way the world has changed to be more and more connected has made things far more difficult for even a community to attempt to practice it

Vampire Thanks this.
  4. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    In theory, you have something.
    In reality, this is the game we play until things change.
    You can choose to live in fairy La La land, or the real world. See which gets you ahead faster…

5. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    I know nothing of Elogs….been on paper since forever….In my case you get the 7 previous dayz required by law and that all
    I’m imagining elogs stay on computer?
    Isn’t there a way to remove them daily?
    Enlighten me pleases

6. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    elogs should be put in inspection mode when an inspection begins. Only the current day and the previous 7 will be visible in inspection mode.

‘Olhand and gentleroger Thank this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I can look at my last 16 days on the eld, but I can only edit the last 10. I can also email myself the last 90s days. Those numbers vary by provider.

When dealing with DOT, the tablet goes into "inspection mode" which shows only the last 8 days (ie today and 7 days previous). If the officer wants the erods emailed over, again they only get 8 days. Problem is dumb drivers just pull up the HOS and hand the tablet to the officer who then starts poking into things they have no right to. I'm looking at you La Crosse, WI.

‘Olhand Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.