Can somebody explain box sand hauling?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by CamryXSE, Jun 4, 2022.

1. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    You can make big money there, BUT you will tear your truck up on the lease roads. Just slow down, lose some time and save your equipment. You will have to run hard and forget about home time. It's feast or famine in the oilfield. I was down there from 11' to 15'. made some money. I ran a sand can so it wasn't the same as boxes but near enough. Good luck.

Dadetrucking305 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    As are those raggedy s###box trucks they drive, and their driving habits. I can't tell you how many times I've had one pull out in front of me on 128 west of Jal or on 302 between Odessa and Kermit.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  4. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Exactly. Here in ND you always see one of those sandbox clowns wrecked.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  5. UItraman

UItraman Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2022
    I've hauled sandboxes in the past and I'm about to get back into it.
    Hauling sandboxes is pretty easy if you can handle the roads. I haul in West Virginia and you'll be on one lane dirt roads- most likely with shear drop-offs on one side or the other, with steep inclines/declines up and down the mountains. Other than the roads sucking, you go to the loading facility, open the box tops, then drive into a silo- the sand goes into the boxes, you drive out, close the top and head to location. On location, a forklift takes the boxes and puts empty ones on and you head back to get more sand. You only get out of the truck to open and close the tops.
    So compared to pneumatic- you won't be breathing in any sand. As far as how common? I'd say more common than pneumatic in my experience and will probably replace pneumatic completely eventually.

RJM1953 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.