Can someone explain to me what a recap is

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by runawayload, Mar 23, 2013.

1. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Every time I've been asked for my log book I tell them I have elogs and I'd be happy to fax them. Never once has an officer had me fax my logs nor has he asked to see my qualcomm.

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    @hoth20

If you have elogs, they know your less likly to be in violation.

As for the suggestion of running only 8.75 per day...well i want to make more money then that lol.

mje Thanks this.
  4. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Keep reading about 8.75 versus 11.

Mikeeee

mje Thanks this.
  5. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    lol, me too!!! I thought the poster was asking about a recap tire too, my next thought was what a moron, how did this idiot get a cdl lol , plumb forgot about logbook recap.... Hahahaha

mje Thanks this.
  6. runawayload

runawayload Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I dont have a CDL yet, I have my permit. :biggrin_25525:

Im finding I know more about current events than one of my instructors. I mentioned the new 34hr/30 min break coming in July and he told me I didnt know what I was talking about. He then asked his boss who said yeah its happening, he then thanked him for informing him.

mje Thanks this.
  7. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    well , pard,

its great that your going out and learning, your gonna find that truck schools most of the time teach dmv tests... The basics to pass the skills test and get your license... I am proud of you that you are taking the time to learn and preparing you for a job as a professional driver.... Btw i was not calling you a moron , cause i realized you were talking about a different type of recap. Lol i plain forgot about logbookin recap, even though i have done plenty of them over the years.... Good luck and keep up the good work.....

Come join us in the white knights of trucking group here on this site, we need people like you...

8. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    It aint over till the fat lady sings.....I'll belive that log change in july when it actually changes....FMCSA so corrupt it may be changed before then. (do i have the right agency acronym lol...i get um all confused)

mje Thanks this.
  9. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Man, I miss Hank the angry drunken dwarf!

mje Thanks this.
  10. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Um, yes. I know that. I was just answering a question.

mje Thanks this.
  11. runawayload

runawayload Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I was listening to road dog, the guy who is all about rules and regs (forget his name) and he had the lawyer from the ATA on. The lawyer mentioned that the FMCSA was using data pre 2003 and tweaking it to fit their cause. Since the 34 was put in place fatalities have actually decreased. I would like to see it thrown out but I dont know exactly how bad it will affect an OTR driver compared to a dedicated guy who runs the same every week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.