Can someone please add SuperService, Inc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RR9501, Sep 21, 2008.

1. RR9501

RR9501 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Chesapeake, VA
    yea i noticed they're not in any lists for companys, or no 1 has mentioned them that i can find on here...i was with them for 16 1/2 months:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
  4. RR9501

RR9501 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Chesapeake, VA
    well technically they r 2 different companies, they r just owned by gainey, their rules and whatnot were much different then each other...and i never pulled a gainey trl either:biggrin_25511:

5. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    We where actually talking about this very thing at work today. Super Service was it's own company, until the guy who founded it, (born and raised, and still lives in Somerset.):yes2557: Sold out to Gainey, not sure when, we came to the consensus that it was sometime in the 90's when Gainey took over, but we wheren't really sure.
    If you're from around these parts, when you think of Super Service, you think of Super Service, not Gainey. :biggrin_25525:
    Even if Gainey owns it, most drivers don't view it as that. Btw, I am one of the few at work, that has never drove for them.

6. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The guy that founded SuperService, sold it to Gainey in 1993, he took that money and founded Eagle Carriers(also based in Somerset), Eagle went Bankrupt in 2002. And they are now back under the Label CoreTrans.com. BTW, I know this because Eagle Carriers was the first company that I drove for--and they told us the story. Their(CoreTrans.com) yard is pretty much right around the corner from SuperService on Kit Cowan Drive. A lot of the drivers that were at Eagle when I was, were from SuperService and so were most of the shop and office people.

7. windcatcher

windcatcher Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Valdosta Ga
    The Company(super service) now is not the same since Gainey took full control of it a few years back. As of this moment the company is bankrupt. I smelled trouble when i turn on my computer and on my home page it said Wachovia was suing Gainey and i got a message via qualcomm confirming it. Gainey has ran the company into the ground. The equipment is not service or maintained regularly. In the last month of so i constantly get pulled in to the scale house and always get a level 3 inspection, it's like they are trying to find something to put me out of service for lucky for me I am placed out of service for equipment related stuff never my log book which they are firing driver for now. I get nervous every time i go into one now. I have noticed that here recently i can't get oil, anti freeze or washer fluid at any terminal. I had a very nice international 9200 truck with low miles and i was sent a message via qualcomm that my truck was sold and the trailer too i thought to myself that was strange because i was given a truck with over 400,00 miles on it and raggedy. I haven't even been in it a month and having problems the radiator leaks and the fuel pump is gone and need a replacement, my doors don't lock or unlock with the ignition key in fact the door don't lock at all;the locks on both doors are broken. The engine has too much oil in it, my side boxes don't open, belt missing from the air conpressor. No A/C at all, It is just a unfit truck for the road maybe alright for small around the city stuff but not fit for the open road. If it wasn't for my dispatcher who gets me good miles and get me home when i need i would have been left for greener pastures. I have tried to get rid of the truck but have been unsuccessful at any terminal i go to. A Lot of the very good trailer have been sold off and we are left pulling the raggedy ones and a lot of old gainey trailer stripped of the GTS logo. As a matter of fact a lot of Gaineys Drivers (GTS) treat us like #### like they are better than us and their nose is stuck up in the air. I was a truck stop in ct a pilot and a gainey driver pulled onto the fuel island next to me and i asked politely did he have so anti freeze and real rudely said no.

8. RR9501

RR9501 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Chesapeake, VA
    wow...what a horrible experience wiht SuperService, yea i used to drive for them, i was dispatched by Chuck in Somerset who is now in charge of safety...how the ##### that happend lol is beyond me...hahaha..
    i averaged about 1900-2200 miles a week for 16 and a half months. i left there last oct. 07 and i still have a friend there who is also on the verge of telling them to "take their keys and shove it"...lol the only way i would ever consider returning is if they raised their trucks back to 72mph like it was when i was there and i had a new, more experienced dipatcher...lol
    btw...tell John K i said hi!..lol..jk

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.