Can the driving school you attend make a difference?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Zonno, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Zonno

Zonno Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    This is why whoever comes to recruit at our school, I automatically WON'T consider getting on with them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Look, the school you attend will only impact your entry-level opportunities. Five years into this profession, I don't even list the subpar truck school I attended. All of your respectable experience will be gained on the job. With that said, the best and most reputable school will have the best entry-level connections. If you go to a disreputable school you can still find a good opportunity, you will simply be given more "no" answers initially. After 6 months, the truck school you attend is all but irrelevant. After 1 year, forget about it. After 2 years, don't even list it unless it was someplace spectacular.

speedyk Thanks this.
  4. ChancesRGood

ChancesRGood Light Load Member

May 28, 2017
    I know schneider has a preferred list but which schools i dont know

5. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I went to a pretty good skool.

6. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Oh...School...Smoool...The Real Question is "Were you Paying Attention? I attended CRST...so,Yes..."Im Basically Self Taught"...Lol.Most schools teach you just enough ...TO BE DANGEROUS". AT Least for Me...It was about "Survival"...And Keeping a CDL and a Job"? If it meets the standard 160 hours...you should be ok.You "Never Stop Learning". Im 12 years into it Now...Still Learning.JMO

7. Twin Screws

Twin Screws Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Thats sad, you chose a bad school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.