Can these 4 drugs disqualify you from CDL?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Rahat, Mar 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    Medicines are not bad, they help. If someone's whole body receives burns, will you not give them Fentanyl to help them with their agony? 1000 years ago that person would die in agony. The world becomes better as time passes, not worse.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    My grandfather suddenly died one night in his 60's in a 3rd world dirt poor country. Nobody knew what the hell happened with him. Now we know. It was either a heart attack or a stroke. He would have lived till his 90's if he was treated with Blood Pressure medicines.
    Just like any other diesease, depression is a diesease. And I am taking meds for it.

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If you have to take medicine to help you sleep, you should reconsider your decision to drive commerically. You need to be well-rested before you get behind the wheel.

Rahat and Concorde Thank this.
  5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Lorazepam can increase your suicidal thoughts so keep that in mind while you’re juggling your pills..

It’s also an addictive drug which helps keep your physician employed :)

Rahat Thanks this.
  6. Tumbleweed TowMan

Tumbleweed TowMan Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2022
    I looked at your threads here, and hate for you the medical conditions you are experiencing, but at the end of all that is this .... don't you dare set foot in a rig, there is zero rationalisation for you to do so.

Seek a non-driving profession, you simply are not fit for the road.

Best to ya.

7. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    My doc gave me Lorazepam with zero refills. 60 pills to be taken as needed till the slow working and long term SSRI Citalopram starts working. In 6 weeks Citalopram will do its full magic. Citalopram is super safe and can be taken for decades. Being active and eating healthy will nullify its side effects.

8. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    I already drive for a living. Driving on congested city roads is way more demanding and challenging than doing 55 mph on the interstate in a truck.

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Right. Because no commercial truck driver drinks before bed. Isn't that the whole point of sleep medications is to ensure you get a good night's sleep? What's the problem with that?

Rahat Thanks this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Rahat Thanks this.
  11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I don't know of any company, other than the absolute scum sucking bottom of the barrel 1099 types, that would hire @Rahat if he was honest about his drug activity. The only people that will hire a guy with that many problems and red flags will cheat him, gyp him, ruin his driving record, and throw him out...and he'll be right back where he started
    I wouldn't want him in one of my trucks. Suppose he has a stressful day and starts self medicating to the point that he forgets his last dosage time and nods off behind the wheel. It could happen.
    Pretend you're a fleet owner, big or small, would any of you guys put him in a truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.